I have come across this interesting finding by a scientic study that how one does this handshake is indicative of the strength of that particular person.A firm handshake is sign of long life and the weak one is just the opposite!!!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
i dont believe this is indicative of longevity, i think the handshake just displays a person's confidence.,.
I won't comment except saying that it's the finding of a scientific study!
That is true i agree with the statement..Handshake should be firm. It is part of body language and tells the state of mind of the individual.. :)
Yes research has done and it is proved that firm handshake is necessary..
I have seen a research article which is really very informative..

http://research.ua.edu/2001/08/study-suggests-firm-handshakes-and-good-impressions-really-do-go-hand-in-hand/
Very good fact shared here. I would like to add that even number of relatives and friends of a person determine his or her longevitivy. Make more good friends and your chances of living longer and happier grow.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
But as the swine flu is spreading fast avoid handshaking and say namaste. ;) :P .Thanks for the information,Jayen.
1.Extend your right hand to meet the other person's right hand.
2.Point your thumb upward toward the other person's arm and extend your arm at a slight downward angle.
3.Wrap your hand around the other person's hand when your thumb joints come together.
4.Grasp the hand firmly and squeeze gently once. Remember that limp handshakes are a big turnoff, as are bone-crushing grasps.
5.Hold the handshake for 2 to 3 seconds.
6. Pump your hand up and down a few times to convey sincerity. (This gesture is optional.)

But Keep in mind, Handshake should not become Bodyshake for others!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh:

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
This is a good information! A firm handshake means good self-esteem, self- confidence and positive attitude - all of which are indicators of good health and necessary to lead a good life, therefore ts no wonder that people with good handshake lead a good and long life!!

Although like Nagalakshmi says, Namaste is a better option now!! :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]Although like Nagalakshmi says, Namaste is a better option now!! :laugh:[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh:

There is another way too kalyani and nagalakshmi chinese and Japanese way of bowing.. :P :laugh: :laugh:
laughsq-20100913.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.