Pakistani youth giving up Islam
Islamabad: A handful of Pakistani Muslim youths are beginning to question the existence of God and in the process giving up Islam to become atheists.

Still a small number, the trend seems to be telling of pressures that the image of militant Islam has had on them.

A Facebook group has been floated for Pakistan's agnostics and atheists by Hazrat NaKhuda, a former Pakistani Muslim.

At last count, the group had over a 100 members.

In a thread started on the discussion board on "How did you become an atheist", Hazrat writes, "I used to be a practicing Muslim. I used to live in Saudi Arabia. I have done two Hajs and countless Umrahs. Used to pray five times a day.

When I turned 17-18, I realized that the only reason I was a Muslim was because my parents were Muslims".
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That's quite an interesting development and a befiitting commentary on the mental state of youths of Pakistan.Thanks for sharing it!
most of them have higher education and degrees.no wonder we have so many atheists in india...
I am not that sure if the reason is higher education and as far as I am concerned I don't see any link.
I meant to say atheist Pakistan is in interest of whole world..
Atheism itself is not of just one kind.The youths of Pakistan have unfortunately developed an anarchical state of mind which manifests itself in a variety of immoral deeds.The latest one being involement of some young Pakistani cricketers in match-fixing which is what I am pointing to.
hmm good one.. very soon loads of people will start questioning the existence of god for sure..
yes it is some think that many people's should consider..just follwing in negative way can be controlled if many muslim youth in pak thing like that..
too much westernization and liberalism is making muslims as atheists. i would only blame that guy's parents.
Atheism should not be confused with nihilism which is not good.I have many rationalist friends who are atheist with a difference.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.