hi guys,

so what do u mean by a "creative bent of mind"?

is it just that you should have a complete knowledge of the software you'll be using or is it the work you do on those soft-wares ?

as for me i think creativity can be shown in your work.it can never be explained...!!

what do u all think...???
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Creative mind is one that does not simply grasp what others say but critically assesses and forms independent opinion. A creative mind thinks out of box and does not treat the existing knowledge/ views as permanent. The new discoveries and ideas are results of creativity of mind. Creative- is derived from- create. 'Create' means' giving something new. Thus creative mind is that which is capable of contributing to ideas, art, literature independently.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Right..A creative mind tries to analyse things by looking from all angles, and forms an independant opinion.

And creativity can be shown in the work.. by "thinking in a slightly different way from the usual"-sort of experimenting with ideas.

A simple, funny example:
Parrot is behind the chair: usual
A parrot is looking at you from behind the chair: Creative

How is it? :P
mind_1.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Good explanation gulshan and sridevi,

The example was great. I understand that you are very creative.Creativity is our sleeping sense. By what we discover the new something. Creativity is kinda unspoken reality by what we share the world to each other.
00020691-20100824.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
I think one who dares to question a question and even question an answer houses a creative mind!
Chinmoy i know that you are very creative. The explanation for the question you gave is not understandable.
7_4_36-20100824.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
Oh,no! Creativity and I stand two poles apart! To shed further light on what I stated is that a creative person a has healthy disregard for convention and conventional ways and always feels the need to question a question which means why such a question is being asked in the first place and when an answer is given - he is in a similar questioning mode- his out-of-the-hat thinking ability makes me unhappy with the answer and his quest for a new answer begins.Do I stand clarified now?
I think this picture will give some insight on what creative mind is..
Good discussion here!! I liked the creativity of Sridevi's parrot! :woohoo: :woohoo:

A good quotation that I read of is “The creative mind plays with the object it loves” by Carl Gustav Jung

I think this is quite similar to the explanation given by Chinmoy!

While it is true that thinking beyond conventions does show creativity, might not lead to creativity all the time. Thinking beyond conventions while not forgetting convenience and aesthetic sense is real creativity! This is true to all walks of life and not just software or general daily work.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Creativity is giving shape to our thinking. What we think we create.
R.Keith Sawyer is a psychologist in Washington University. When asked him "What Creativity research is?" he replied as follows:
"In creativity research, we refer to the three Bs—for the bathtub, the bed and the bus—places where ideas have famously and suddenly emerged. When we take time off from working on a problem, we change what we're doing and our context, and that can activate different areas of our brain. If the answer wasn't in the part of the brain we were using, it might be in another. If we're lucky, in the next context we may hear or see something that relates—distantly—to the problem that we had temporarily put aside."
Friends all of you have explained this question, in very effective way.
For me creative thinking is honour that comes out of a person's mind in need.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.