DAMBULLA: It was Sri Lankan batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan who suggested off-spinner Suraj Randiv to bowl a no-ball to deny Indian opener Virender Sehwag his century during Monday's controversial tri-series match, according a newspaper report.

Sri Lanka Cricket, which has ordered an internal probe into the no-ball controversy, is yet to make the report official but according to 'The Island' it was Dilshan who suggested Randiv to bowl a no-ball at the fag end of the match which India won by six wickets.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/sri-lanka-tri-series/top-stories/Dilshan-instructed-Randiv-to-bowl-no-ball-Report/articleshow/6328797.cms
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Good report sajee, no one would have imagined that Dilshan would have suggested this, as he is not the captain and he maynot be considered as a senior player yet.
Dilshan who is a partner of sehwag and played under the same team,

delhi dare devils. shame on him!

this has happend 3rd time against srilankans! first one was dada and then sachin now sehwag
Cricket as it stands today is no longer a gentleman's game.However Randiv is not the only player who is guilty of this.The former Aussie cricket captain Greg Chappel asked his younger bother Trevor to bowl underarm to deny Newzealand a possible victory.
All the Sri lankan players who told Randiv to ball no mall should be banned for some matches and also pay some penalty.
yes..this is serious issue..Vicious players should be banned for further matches...
A black mark against Cricket! Randiv is not a true sportsman and should be penalised. :angry: :angry: :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[hide]All the Sri lankan players who told Randiv to ball no mall should be banned for some matches and also pay some penalty.[/hide]

I do not think there is any rule in cricket to not to bowl no ball. what you say is wrong!!

What matters is India winning the match ... Why such hue and cry over personal records ?
Sajeetharan,
I also wonder why this should be made so much ?A bowler has all the tension while bowling and a batsman at the brim of century more tensile.If the ball was hit on Veeru's body all the things will be described in another way.So it is a unnecessary scandal, I think.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.