JAIPUR: A 20-year-old student of a city college, who wanted to study humanities but was forced to pursue science stream by family members, committed suicide by jumping in front of a train near Tonk Road railway crossing.

According to the police, the boy, Ajit Singh Jat, a resident of Hindaun in Karauli district, was staying in a rented accommodation in Shiva Colony with his brothers. He was pursuing BSc from Agarwal College and had taken admission only two days back.

Read more: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jaipur/Student-ends-life-in-city-over-course-choice/articleshow/6277793.cms#ixzz0w5QstzX2
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
well i think now-a-days young people are put through stress condition and result is suicide..but here it is too extreme ..what is there in course..any field has its own advantages and disadvantages..If he was in South India maybe he will be rejoice for taking sciences.

I think he must be in some other problems.. :unsure: :(
STRESS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY STUDENTS ARE COMMITTING SUICIDE......I THINK THEY SHOULD REALISE THAT SUICIDE IS NOT THE SOLUTION FOR THEIR PROBLEMS....

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Actually, problems lies with both the parents (for expecting too much) and the student (for being mentally weak and not communicating it on time to parents).

Suicide is for weak people. Its a moment for them an dthen its too late to revert. This moment changes lives of so many people.
The children should be allowed to choose subjects according to their own choice. Parents pressurize their children to choose subjects/ career according to their hidden ambitions. The parents may advise but they must not compel; This is an example of how disastrous such unfair pressure can be.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is the parents who pressurize their children to work harder and harder.Sometimes put them in a situation of competition with their relatives children .This what aamir khan tried in tare zameen par
i agree with you sajeetharan parents pressurization is also the reason why students are committing suicide...........parents should support their children to choose career of their choice...3 idiots is also the best example...

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
marks has to be just only a qualification criteria, people shouldn't be judged by the mark they get. This is really stressful with the way the education is growing.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.