Girl forced to clean school toilet, ends life
Saharanpur: In an shocking incident in Bhalsua village of Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh, a 13-year-old schoolgirl allegedly committed suicide after she was forced to clean the school toilet following the failure to deposit her fees on time.

The victim Lakshmi was a class 3 student and was the daughter of a daily wage labourer. Her parents say she took the extreme step because she was feeling humiliated for having being forced to cleanthe school toilet.

"Just because I could not pay the fees, my daughter got into cleaning after the school hours. The school authorities did not raise voice against it, rather approved it. I never wanted my daughter to do such things and what I see after three days, is that she hanged herself," said Lakshmi's mother Reena.

Her parents said that school authorities told them that she would not be allowed to attend the classes till they cleared the arrears. When her parents expressed their helplessness the girl apparently took the extreme step in humiliation.

Police are investigating the matter. The school management has been inaccessible for comments.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That's really shocking news!

How can they be so mean to make a child of 7-8 yrs do these kind of things. Proper action should be taken against the school authorities and whosever idea it was should be severely punished. I really pray that hereafter nobody repeats this kind of shameful act. :angry:

However, what is done cannot be undone. Loss has been already done to that child and her family. Nothing can be really a substitute for that. :( .

It's easy for us to pass comments but difficult for that family to face the situation and undergo the pain.
This is very inhumane act of school authorities and they need drastic and exemplary punishment. A child must in no way be punished or harassed for parents' default. A child can be punished only for indiscipline or not attending to studies properly and that too moderately and not in vengeance.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Really a shocking news.Why the authorities don't understand that all may not have able to remit fee in same day?Why they take such humiliating actions?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
It is disguisting act by the school authorities..the is hurting the feeling of a child..they should have talked to the parents..intended of giving such punishment
THAT'S REALLY SHOCKING NEWS.....PROPER ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN AGAINST AUTHORITIES WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHILD'S DEATH....AND FOR SHAMEFUL ACT.....

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
If she or her father would have watched 3 idiots she would have preferred to switch the schools by just getting new uniforms rather than clean toilets for 3 and odd months..
That's really shocking news and it should be condemned.Iam wondering how a 13 year old child can think of committing suicide?It is also a lesson for the parents on how to take care of the children's mind carefully.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Yes, that's one thing I too was wondering bout. How can a child of 8yrs get the idea of hanging herself?

This is something to be taken seriously. Parents should be careful while letting children watch movies. This one example shows to what extend movies can affect a child's mind.

I can't say for sure, if she got the idea from movies. But whatever be the reason behind, I hope such things wont happen in future!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.