NEW DELHI: When Sachin Tendulkar bats, it's like an artist playing a 'raga' and the true legend of the game deserves the Bharat Ratna, legendary singer Asha Bhonsle on Thursday.

Tendulkar on Thursday smashed his fifth Test double hundred and helped India chase a mammoth Sri Lankan total of 642/4 declared in the second match.

"Sachin should get Bharat Ratna. He deserves it. He has been bringing laurels for the country for such a long time. He is not just a batsman but an artist. When he bats it looks as if somebody is playing a 'raga'," Bhonsle said.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Nice title Sajeetharan.It is true that Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna..And wish him more success in his career. :)
@ rajani

Unfortunately there is no bharat ratna award for sportsmen in India. do you know that?
yes i think he should be rewarded with "BHARAT RATNA AWARD".....

HATS OFF SACHIN..............

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
which is indeed shameful!! what have politicians done till date that they get bharat ratna?? sportsperson are the ppl who have made india proud and not these politicians!!
He can get Padam Shree or Padam Vibhushan award !!

He is the greatest batsman of the world.!! He deserves highest award of the world.

Unfortunately there is no Nobel prize in sports like Bharat Ratna!!!

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
I was not aware that Bharat Ratna is not given for sports personalities.Definitely he should be given the greatest award in India.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
not only Bhonsle but the entire nation wants much more respect for sachin...may it be bharat ratna or more...
In my view he will get the Bharat Ratan award but don't know when he will get the award...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.