Hai Friends....

We have many food outlets in the recent times......

Recently I happened to visit "Reliance Fresh" to buy some Apples for my cousins.....

After going to there home, I heard from them that... Reliance management is using "WAX" layer on apples to keep them fresh and shiny for a long time..... :unsure:

Is thats true..... Should we believe in the recent mart culture??????? :( :( :(

Do comment!!!!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Deepti,

The same thing happened in chennai few months before and in many supermarkets, these kind of wax coated apples were seized. We should always check the apples before buying. Generally the wax coated apples will be very soft if you touch it and will be very shining.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
@ Deepthi,
You are absolutely right, not only 'Reliance fresh' all the fruit merchants especially supermarkets are Wax coated Apples are selling for shining fruits and storing more days without freezing.
Yes.. and this technique is mainly used for Washington Apples....

Hope this would spoil the health of the consumers.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I do not support mart culture. It is okay to buy durable items from malls. But we should buy articles of daily use and fresh vegetables/ fruits from nearby market or vendors. The vegetable and fruits cannot be fresh in malls.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes Gulshan..... In the recent times due to tight mechanical schedule, I preferred marts for buying my grossary too....

But now I should not prefer these marts!!! :(

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.