In ancient India, there was this system of 'samdahi medutation' that you could opt for if people thought you were an awesome spiritual guru. In samadhi meditation people bury you alive and you are supposed to keep meditating-Till you die (without food and water). How torturous! The surprising thing is that many famous ancient Hindu gurus including Sreenarayana Guru of South India choose to enter 'samadhi' at their old age. What is the logic of doing so? If you are buried alive and asked to meditate till you die, won't you fell tortured in the end by the lack of food and water?

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is still there. This is a method for concentration of mind.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In ancient India, there was this system of 'samdahi medutation' that you could opt for if people thought you were an awesome spiritual guru. In samadhi meditation people bury you alive and you are supposed to keep meditating-Till you die (without food and water). How torturous! The surprising thing is that many famous ancient Hindu gurus including Sreenarayana Guru of South India choose to enter 'samadhi' at their old age. What is the logic of doing so? If you are buried alive and asked to meditate till you die, won't you fell tortured in the end by the lack of food and water?

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

That was their only purpose to be away from the worldly facilities. Once buried they were cut off from rest of the world and as good as out of it.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Can you give me the link or source related to ‘Samadhi Meditation’?
As far as I know the word ‘Samadhi’ stands for deep trance. Not the literal meaning of burying a person. This type of Meditation has been accepted and hailed as the best way to achieve concentration, which in its turn helps in boosting the memory and the related advantages.
As far as I know the word ‘Samadhi’ stands for deep trance. Not the literal meaning of burying a person. This type of Meditation has been accepted and hailed as the best way to achieve concentration, which in its turn helps in boosting the memory and the related advantages.

Samadhi involves total diversion of mind from external environment and thoughts. So there is vacuum in mind. This position is believed to result in extreme joy and union with God. I have just tried to explain the concept of samadhi. I have no particular opinion. Those who opt for samadhi have full liberty to do what they consider right. This is certainly not suicide and thus not unlawful.

Samadhi involves total diversion of mind from external environment and thoughts. So there is vacuum in mind. This position is believed to result in extreme joy and union with God. I have just tried to explain the concept of samadhi. I have no particular opinion. Those who opt for samadhi have full liberty to do what they consider right. This is certainly not suicide and thus not unlawful.

Yes, it's an advanced stage of trance, where in the practitioner dissociates from the external happenings. This in turn awakens the self .
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
We can hardly describe the Samadhi taken by the rishis and saints as being tortuous. For one reason that these saints and rishis were extremely evolved and had great yogic powers, which we commoners would never know or understand about. They only entered into Samadhi when they truly believed that there work for which they had taken birth on this earth was accomplished!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Modern science accepted the effectiveness of deep meditation. There are two kinds of meditation. A lighter form of meditation will not yield the desired results that helps in realizing Self realisation. And self realisation is the starting point to evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and proceed further to achieve the cherished goals.

Samadhyi is state of mind of deep concentration. You lose connection with material world. This is well explained in the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samadhi

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.