More than seven million pilgrims trek to the mountain shrine of the goddess VaishnoDevi every year., And many of those who undertake the arduous journey have a very focused appeal. To be blessed with a son. We adore with immense devotion all the forms of 'Adi Shakti". We describe women as the incarnation of power . But when it comes to our own women, wives, sisters and daughters, we show a set of double standards. We don;t hesitate to kill the girl child in her mother's womb.
Why this two tongued attitude of the inhabitants of sacred Bharat?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We definitely are a nation of hypocrites , it can be seen in everyday happenings and the attitude of people who openly show their preferences. It is a male dominated society and women in my opinion are the worst enemies of other women ...most of these customs and traditions get passed on by the women members as in feudal societies which are still very powerful in the smaller cities and villages!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I will not say the whole nation but yes some of us sure hypocrities. We should not blame all.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I agree in toto. The Indian society including Hindu is hypocrite. Boys are desired. I often heard people saying that they got a 'decree' when a girl child is born. A 'boy' is an asset and welcomed but girl is a liability and 'paraya dhan'.

I don't know why anyone should clamor for a son. We may hope for a child- male or female- a matter of chance. We need both equally.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree in toto. The Indian society including Hindu is hypocrite. Boys are desired. I often heard people saying that they got a 'decree' when a girl child is born. A 'boy' is an asset and welcomed but girl is a liability and 'paraya dhan'.

I don't know why anyone should clamor for a son. We may hope for a child- male or female- a matter of chance. We need both equally.

Illiterate or some people of rural areas may think so, but now there is no difference between a girl or boy.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Illiterate or some people of rural areas may think so, but now there is no difference between a girl or boy.

Why only blame illiterate and rural people??? You think the situation is better in town and cities? It makes no difference whether a person is from urban or rural, literate or illiterate, generally people prefer male child.
Actually country is good but some people living in India are not good. They don't respect females.

Why only blame illiterate and rural people??? You think the situation is better in town and cities? It makes no difference whether a person is from urban or rural, literate or illiterate, generally people prefer male child.

In fact I find the villagers quite gullible and even if they are backward and superstitious one can only feel sorry because of the lack of education and exposure.But in cities where people get everything they want, hypocrisy is at its worst, everyone is out to outsmart the other..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You are right Jabeen. Even in towns you will see' Literate Illiterates,"
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.