Now, I think all parents including me often complaint......."You are not hearing my words. When I was a kid I fear my parents and teachers a lot. Now I have to repeatedly ask you to do something. Kids of today never hear our words" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Is it true? Or just our feelings? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Now a days kids think themselves too smart.They won't hear our words.They even do not respect elders or fear them.If we talk rudely with the kid they just ignore their elders.But I think it is essential to handle kids using polite words and instead of scolding must talk in a friendly manner.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Earlier stick was used to teach kids. But now only kind words....

Even for small scoldings, kids commit suicide.
Last year, a boy of 10 years...only kid of his parents committed suicide because, his mother asked him to drink Horlicks. She scolded him since, she was a poor woman...but bought expensive Horlicks for him, which was not at all affordable for her

Meera sandhu
This complaint has been handed over from generation to generation. What today's parents complain is what their parents would also be complaining. Today's kids cannot find out the truth unless their grand parents tell them the actual facts. Great grandfathers are no more to reveal the truth about their kids.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yet I feel sir, teachers are getting less respect from kids than before......
Now teachers are just friend or an enemy to majority of kids ...isn't it?

Meera sandhu
Now kids are very bold enough, they never be afraid of anything. We need to mold them slowly by talking slowly and sweetly with them

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

No its not true they are as polite as kids used to be in the past.It all depend on the environment of the home. Kids are really easy to mould they become what you make them :) unlike adults. :evil:

Even though many feels that the teachers are getting less respect from students than before, experiences have shown that a worthy teacher is always respected by the students. Though I should say that the attitude of students has changed a lot and some people may find it disrespectful. To cite an example, earlier whatever a teacher taught in the class students seldom question it. However, the present day students do not hesitate to ask question, clarify their doubts etc. There are some teachers who do not feel comfortable with such questioning by the students so think that they are being disrespectful
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Even though many feels that the teachers are getting less respect from students than before, experiences have shown that a worthy teacher is always respected by the students. Though I should say that the attitude of students has changed a lot and some people may find it disrespectful. To cite an example, earlier whatever a teacher taught in the class students seldom question it. However, the present day students do not hesitate to ask question, clarify their doubts etc. There are some teachers who do not feel comfortable with such questioning by the students so think that they are being disrespectful

Thats exactly what I feel ! Give respect and take respect, that is true of anywhere in life ! Todays Children are very smart and far more mature than they were , say 2 or 3 deacdes ago .I feel proud to see that even in villages children are much more aware and confident which is a very positive trend.The general feeling that is prevalent in our society is that children should never be heard while the elders are around, and on the other hand they are criticised for not doing well in studies and career ...only a healthy mind that is able to grasp,be free of stress can perform to its optimum level.In fact I find the kids more open today, they dont make a show of their respect and pretend to be polite , but when you are good to them they are very good to you...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

All parents feel just the same. They react in the same way. Have patience and teach your child. When they will grow up, you will find them well mannered and well behaved.
Nowadays kids are very smart and they are bold enough and we can easily mold them by using kind words and sometimes with strict orders. :cheer:

Vinu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.