Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree. Mobile phones should not be used continuously while moving in the city. People should wait to reach their destination. But during long journeys, use of mobile phone is unavoidable. Even then, this should not be used for gossip in loud voice. Co passengers could feel inconvenient.

I have this incident to relate which happened while I was travelling by bus to Bangalore !After the bus left the main terminus, it was stopped at the outskirts of the city to pick up a passenger. The passenger who was waiting by the road side , instead of quickly getting into the bus , handed over his two bags to the conductor and stood outside continuing his conversation inspite of the driver calling out to him , and finally after couple of passengers objected to this and the driver honked loudly and asked him to get into the bus , he got in slowly continuing to speak on the phone.
He settled into his seat and kept up his conversation at the top of his voice almost all through the 365 km journey except when we were passing through the ghats ,where there was no reception and later when he fell asleep for a short while...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Mobile phones are now essential in daily life.Many says that it has some demerits also , mainly tower and radiation.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
When I bought mobile phone everyone in my family scolded me why it is needed ?
:( :( :( :(

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
When I bought mobile phone everyone in my family scolded me why it is needed ?
:( :( :( :(

Now , probably the very same people too are using mobile phones ! That's how people are , very judgmental when it comes to things that they are not sure about or dont know about ...the moment they use it, it becomes acceptable ! typical Indian double standards !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes, its very irritating when people incessantly talk on mobiles and that too, so loudly and play loud music on it!

Did you read my article http://www.boddunan.com/miscellaneous/51-General%20Reference/13760-mind-your-mobile-manners.html on this very issue?? Don't mean to advertise but thought it would convey all what I have to say on this issue!!

I went through the article Kalyani...you have given some excellent points and very useful information :) It is highly irritating when people use their mobile without a care in the world, disregarding other people's rights ..

Thanks Usha! Yes, the mobiles can be the most irritating device invented so far, the most effective in breaking friendships!!! Yes, I have had to cut off relations with at ;eat 2 of my friends who used to drop in on me saying we have a lot to catch up on, and then instead of talking to me, all the time talked to their husbands or boyfriends whom they had left only a few hours back at home! I stopped calling them and attending their calls! :angry:

So you stop calling them because they proffered to talk to their .....whatever.. I think if they would talk to you in place of them probably they would have had breakup. They had to keep their preferences. They did. :laugh:

:laugh: Yes, but when they are at my place, they are supposed to talk me! If they don't want to talk to me in the first place, they need not have come for a visit!!! Now get my point? :lol:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree. Mobile phones should not be used continuously while moving in the city. People should wait to reach their destination. But during long journeys, use of mobile phone is unavoidable. Even then, this should not be used for gossip in loud voice. Co passengers could feel inconvenient.

I have this incident to relate which happened while I was travelling by bus to Bangalore !After the bus left the main terminus, it was stopped at the outskirts of the city to pick up a passenger. The passenger who was waiting by the road side , instead of quickly getting into the bus , handed over his two bags to the conductor and stood outside continuing his conversation inspite of the driver calling out to him , and finally after couple of passengers objected to this and the driver honked loudly and asked him to get into the bus , he got in slowly continuing to speak on the phone.
He settled into his seat and kept up his conversation at the top of his voice almost all through the 365 km journey except when we were passing through the ghats ,where there was no reception and later when he fell asleep for a short while...

Yikes!!! In a foreign country, the driver would have refused to allow such a passenger to board his bus OR alternately, ALL the passengers would have thrown him out!! But this is India, therefore, ADJUST KAR LO NA YAAR! :lol:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yikes!!! In a foreign country, the driver would have refused to allow such a passenger to board his bus OR alternately, ALL the passengers would have thrown him out!! But this is India, therefore, ADJUST KAR LO NA YAAR! :lol:

Very true Kalyani ! The problem is , most Indians get excited for things that really are not that important nor is it their business like when ladies wear short skirts or go to pub LOL...but incidents and issues that directly concerns them seem to go right over their head ! topsy turvy priorties ! :dry: :huh:

Yes, its very irritating when people incessantly talk on mobiles and that too, so loudly and play loud music on it!

Did you read my article http://www.boddunan.com/miscellaneous/51-General%20Reference/13760-mind-your-mobile-manners.html on this very issue?? Don't mean to advertise but thought it would convey all what I have to say on this issue!!

I went through the article Kalyani...you have given some excellent points and very useful information :) It is highly irritating when people use their mobile without a care in the world, disregarding other people's rights ..

Thanks Usha! Yes, the mobiles can be the most irritating device invented so far, the most effective in breaking friendships!!! Yes, I have had to cut off relations with at ;eat 2 of my friends who used to drop in on me saying we have a lot to catch up on, and then instead of talking to me, all the time talked to their husbands or boyfriends whom they had left only a few hours back at home! I stopped calling them and attending their calls! :angry:

So you stop calling them because they proffered to talk to their .....whatever.. I think if they would talk to you in place of them probably they would have had breakup. They had to keep their preferences. They did. :laugh:

:laugh: Yes, but when they are at my place, they are supposed to talk me! If they don't want to talk to me in the first place, they need not have come for a visit!!! Now get my point? :lol:

I can see your point but you missed mine- they had come to your place under the oath that they shall remain in touch, wherever they would be going. Your place gave them a perfect opportunity- 'a perfect cook' and chance to talk with their- whatever.. uninterrupted. You must be their favorite friend and your home a favorite destination for future trips. That's what I call a friend in need is real friend.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I can see your point but you missed mine- they had come to your place under the oath that they shall remain in touch, wherever they would be going. Your place gave them a perfect opportunity- 'a perfect cook' and chance to talk with their- whatever.. uninterrupted. You must be their favorite friend and your home a favorite destination for future trips. That's what I call a friend in need is real friend.

I would get annoyed if someone came to visit me and spent all their time talking on the phone.It is extreme bad manners to do so when you go to someones house ...

Mobile phones are now essential in daily life.Many says that it has some demerits also , mainly tower and radiation.

Of course like all other technologies mobile phones too have some disadvantages .The article I have given the link to, has listed some of them..

http://www.trcb.com/technology/mobiletech/disadvantages-of-using-mobile-phone-910.htm

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.