Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
2 years before, I watched a video, people frying popcorn by keeping 2-3 phones in the ringing mode. I don't know if it's true.

Meera sandhu
Mobile phones are now essential in daily life.Many says that it has some demerits also , mainly tower and radiation.

Of course like all other technologies mobile phones too have some disadvantages .The article I have given the link to, has listed some of them..

http://www.trcb.com/technology/mobiletech/disadvantages-of-using-mobile-phone-910.htm

Another bad effect of mobile phones is that it has made us very lazy and technology dependent! At least in my case it seems so. Earlier when people were using land-line telephones, I use to memorize the phone numbers of people whom I am in regular touch. But nowadays, since there is the benefits of saving cell numbers in the phone itself, I don't memorize any phone numbers.
Mobile phones are now essential in daily life.Many says that it has some demerits also , mainly tower and radiation.

Of course like all other technologies mobile phones too have some disadvantages .The article I have given the link to, has listed some of them..

http://www.trcb.com/technology/mobiletech/disadvantages-of-using-mobile-phone-910.htm

Another bad effect of mobile phones is that it has made us very lazy and technology dependent! At least in my case it seems so. Earlier when people were using land-line telephones, I use to memorize the phone numbers of people whom I am in regular touch. But nowadays, since there is the benefits of saving cell numbers in the phone itself, I don't memorize any phone numbers.

So very true jabeen, I lost my cell phone sometime back and was stuck because I had not written down the numbers anywhere nor had I memorised them except a few numbers that I call regularly...even those ,I began to get confused LOL.. All these gadgets are making us not just lazy but in time we may stop thinking for ourselves ... :blink:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes, its very irritating when people incessantly talk on mobiles and that too, so loudly and play loud music on it!

Did you read my article http://www.boddunan.com/miscellaneous/51-General%20Reference/13760-mind-your-mobile-manners.html on this very issue?? Don't mean to advertise but thought it would convey all what I have to say on this issue!!

I went through the article Kalyani...you have given some excellent points and very useful information :) It is highly irritating when people use their mobile without a care in the world, disregarding other people's rights ..

Thanks Usha! Yes, the mobiles can be the most irritating device invented so far, the most effective in breaking friendships!!! Yes, I have had to cut off relations with at ;eat 2 of my friends who used to drop in on me saying we have a lot to catch up on, and then instead of talking to me, all the time talked to their husbands or boyfriends whom they had left only a few hours back at home! I stopped calling them and attending their calls! :angry:

So you stop calling them because they proffered to talk to their .....whatever.. I think if they would talk to you in place of them probably they would have had breakup. They had to keep their preferences. They did. :laugh:

:laugh: Yes, but when they are at my place, they are supposed to talk me! If they don't want to talk to me in the first place, they need not have come for a visit!!! Now get my point? :lol:

I can see your point but you missed mine- they had come to your place under the oath that they shall remain in touch, wherever they would be going. Your place gave them a perfect opportunity- 'a perfect cook' and chance to talk with their- whatever.. uninterrupted. You must be their favorite friend and your home a favorite destination for future trips. That's what I call a friend in need is real friend.

HA HA HA!!! I get it now, trying to wedge out a free meal off of me while they talk to their husband/boyfriend who just dropped them off to my place!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: A little phone romance to spice up their life, perhaps!! :evil:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

So very true jabeen, I lost my cell phone sometime back and was stuck because I had not written down the numbers anywhere nor had I memorised them except a few numbers that I call regularly...even those ,I began to get confused LOL.. All these gadgets are making us not just lazy but in time we may stop thinking for ourselves ... :blink:

Oh yes, this is the bane of having a handy gadget like mobiles. Earlier I could memorize a long list of telephone numbers and then when I got the mobile, I did not have to and now even if I want to memorize a number, I find it very difficult to do so because of the mobile. Not good for our brains!!

2 years before, I watched a video, people frying popcorn by keeping 2-3 phones in the ringing mode. I don't know if it's true.

Yes Sandhya, its true I have seen it in reality, the magnetic waves generated by a mobile phone are equivalent to the ones in the microwave that cooks food in a very short time. So we must make use of mobiles very cautiously.

I think mobile phones become our part of life. but in what way it has been used matters, it should not disturb others and effective usage must be followed. now a days everyone having more that one mobile phone....... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Many talk more loudly on phone at public places. Not only this, they play loud music on these phones. Although mobile hone is common, yet many cannot resist the temptation of making show of their phone.

We have been using mobile hones for a pretty long period. Now is the time to cultivate proper phone habits. Government us planning to give free phone to those below poverty lines. It is all the more important to use phones in a dignified manner.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree that educating the masses about the advantages and disadvantages of mobile phone and also teaching them etiquette while using the phone should be seriously considered, since many a times it is becoming a nuisance with people talking while driving and holding up the entire traffic lane or suddenly stopping the vehicle with no signal to receive a call, and being the cause of dangerous accidents ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

People using mobile phones for longer periods are using them gracefully but the new users are still in exploring mode and finding it some thing out of the world. I think we need another ten years before we shall come to terms.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.