Is moderation not an obstacle to excellence? It is often advised to be moderate in all respects. One should balance between rest, enjoyment and hard work.

But we see that the top achievers are those who are obsessed with some pursuit and neglect other things including sleep and food.

What is the correct approach?

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Rabindranath Tagore epitomized moderation,yet he enthralled the world with his excellence!
I feel this attribute totally depends upon a person! Exceptions like Gurudeo Tagore would be very few and far between, but most brilliant innovators and artistes were totally eccentric and mindblowingly devoted when it came to their respective professions or should I say, purpose of life?? If Michelangelo, da Vinci, Gustav Klimt etc. were not like that, the world would have been deprived of great masterpieces. If Einstein was moderate, I doubt if he would have been able to do what he did!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I feel this attribute totally depends upon a person! Exceptions like Gurudeo Tagore would be very few and far between, but most brilliant innovators and artistes were totally eccentric and mindblowingly devoted when it came to their respective professions or should I say, purpose of life?? If Michelangelo, da Vinci, Gustav Klimt etc. were not like that, the world would have been deprived of great masterpieces. If Einstein was moderate, I doubt if he would have been able to do what he did!!

@Kalyani

Gulshanji was talking about excelling in any field not geniuses. We have quite a few like Anand, Gavaskar who are known for their moderate life-styles, yet they are household names with their excellence in respective fields!
I think this depends upon person to person. What one thinks as balanced may be more for some one while others, more may be lesser and lesser could be more. No same fixed scale for every one.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.