If you become web master of any site like boddunan what will be your strategy for site promotion?

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Following changes I will made

1. Autolock thread if answer voted for best.
2. Will provide chat facility like gtalk to live communication.
3. Will put expert advice section.
4. Try to give system to get more and more active members.
5. sms sending facility.
6. other section like in boddunan.

Santosh Kumar Singh

I don't have any idea but I will design it as to make on increasing the number of members and make them active.I will reward well to encourage them.
I think boddunan is also rewarding well but there is something which is missing need to search that things.

Santosh Kumar Singh

Google Adsense would be the main attractive feature of my website. How is it?
I will introduce more things what the members benefit so that more will get attracted within a short period.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I am a webmaster and webmaster of around 50+ sites. How I approach the development of a site depends on the type of site.

I guess Santosh mean to say how would anyone host a revenue sharing member oriented site like Boddunan. Here's my answer:

Firstly, my focus would be how to get member to publish more content on the site. After all that is what gets revenue to any site.

Secondly, I would never pay upfront. I am a writer before I am a webmaster and I think any site should allow a writer to earn ongoing revenue for the life of their article. And also, if ongoing revenue is shared then writer will put more effort and articles will be updated regularly which is what reader want.

Third, monthly contest will be organized which will be on a specific skill set which is needed to earn money online.

I think I can go on and on. but managing any site depends on a lot of factors and strategy has to be changed every few months on the basis of the response and feedback you get.

Anyways, this is my approach and many people may opt to take a different route. But to be rigid and follow rules is not my nature. My artistic traits prevents me from doing that ;)
Thank you said by: Rajani K
Well said arun and i appreciate your thinking about writers as whereever i see writers effort is not rewarded at all. Upfront payment is not allowed in most of the article writing site who also follow revenue sharing policy. But i couldnot understand why foreign sites do not allow Indian writers though Indian sites allow foreign writer. However the payment from Indian sites will be less for a foreign writer so obviously they wont opt.
Thank you said by: Arun Jain
I do not consider myself eligible enough to offer comments on this subject but I would surely like greater financial incentives for writers.
if i get the opportunity i try to made it to higher level and keep it scam proof.
Well said arun and i appreciate your thinking about writers as whereever i see writers effort is not rewarded at all. Upfront payment is not allowed in most of the article writing site who also follow revenue sharing policy. But i couldnot understand why foreign sites do not allow Indian writers though Indian sites allow foreign writer. However the payment from Indian sites will be less for a foreign writer so obviously they wont opt.

As per the general rule upfront payment is only given to freelancers as they pass the ownership of the content, but with any revenue sharing site where you own your content, you are paid revenue which your article brings with certain percentage going to the host site.

And most of the revenue sharing sites accept international users, the problem of nationality comes with freelancing sites and they have their own concerns and issues.

They want articles in native and impeccable English 'coz as a freelancer you would be passing the ownership of your work and it would represent the company/website. So most freelancing site accept writers only from UK/US/Canada. But the landscape is changing now and most freelancing sites are accepting Indian/International authors though they have to pass their test first or give a sample of their writing.

I did considerable amount of freelancing in my early days and though it was a adventurous and lovely experience I am highly in favor of creating a passive income online, so starting your own website or writing on an ongoing revenue basis is the way to go.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.