Why did the ancient civilizations develop near river valleys?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
All of the ancient civilizations around the world are significant for practicing farming and trading things to various places! The rivers brought in nutrients-rich silt to their basins where farming flourished and the great networks in river systems provided viable waterways for trading to be developed! This is the reason rivers are considered life-giving and are worshiped as sacred entities and also the major reason why civilizations developed along the major rivers!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: ajay
old people used to move here n there to find food and shelter . they used to live near the rivers on that time when they started harvesting as they could get water from river to watering their crops.
ancient civilization existed near the river valleys for trading and flourishing their country.
I think rivers were the easiest path for transportation.That is why those people selected river basins.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
they used to live near the river brcause in ancient time they use to do farming and harvesting and they easly get water from river side so they prefer to live near water.
I think they were choosing near the river valleys ,as they doesn't have to walk for along distance in sake of water.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.