Here again I have to turn to the great man - Leo Tolstoy and I quote: Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and who without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs,privileges or beliefs.This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking." Comment if you have any!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Freethinker is one who does not accept anything as gospel truth. He applies his mind and accepts what seems right to him. Most people do not apply their mind and accept all thoughts and traditions passed on from generation to generation. This tendency brings conflicts between different communities. Superstitions and outdated customs are also because of inadequacy of independent and free thinking. We had social reformer like Raja Ram Mohan Roy who challenged the established thoughts and facilitated reform.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That's very good,Gulshan! You have named Raja Ram Mohan Roy and he was truly a pioneer in rational thinking and influenced so many of his times and thereafter! Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar too was one such luminary.Women in India should remain indebted to him for ever!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I am agreed that freethinkers are the people who made their decisions of their own choice and don't want to bear other's interference
free thinkers are those who doesn't have any sort of attachment with others, their likes and their thinking pattern.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.