Although Hindi is simply official language of the Union and English, associate official languages, all other languages are included in constitution and also used on currency notes. It is astonishing that even non Hindi speaking Prime ministers are required to speak in Hindi on Independence day from Red Fort. The President is also required to speak in Hindi and english on T.V./ Radio on the eve of Republic Day. Will it not be fair that the language used may be any of the Indian language at the discretion of the dignitary. I remember that former prime Minister Deve Gowda had to speak in Hindi ispite of his poor command. Would it not be better if he spoke in Kannada or Eenglish, which could be translted in other languages including Hindi as usual.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is my favorite topic so far!

As for our country, India is a multilingual country, that is our country is separated on the basis of the languages, and a country of many language, so we use English as language to communicate to other countries and to the world.

When just considering our country, we shouldn't be using English, we should be really using Hindi. But some thing it is so cool if they use English.
first of all , you must know your mother tongue, then your national language(hindi),and then english. And independence day is national holy function or somewhat for us, we should be proud speaking our national language at our national function.

Thank you,
Raj
Hindi is not national language according to constitution. This is simply official language of the union. all Indian languages are national. I feel it should be optional for President or Prime Minister to speak in any language, that will be translated later in all other languages in due course. incidentally, English is also official language of Naga Land, and associate official language of India.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.