MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

WE celebrate christmas with lots of enjoyment . We share some exciting gifts with each other. But do you really know who started or who introduced this system of giving gifts?

Want to make each day Accountable

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I guess it is associated with the three (?) wise men who came to see Jesus and Mary and gave some gifts, so the tradition continues, it is a really nice tradition of exchanging gifts with those who are close to you and wishing them well...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The tradition of gifts seems to have started with the gifts that the wise men (the Magi) brought to Jesus.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Is it santa clous- a wish man .But in reality man gives gift to a man. Nothing else.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I don't know who actually started it but that's fair idea who started it. There should be any such occasion where we could exchange gifts. :)
There is many version about how the tradition of exchanging gifts was started. According to some people it was started by Saint Nicholas who loved children very much and often use to give something to the needy without their knowledge.
I don't know who actually started it but that's fair idea who started it. There should be any such occasion where we could exchange gifts. :)

It is man yaar . Nobody else. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
The history of gifts on Christmas dates back to Saint Nicholas as he was the one who started the tradition of gifts to children as long back as 4th century.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
I think the trend of giving gifts to poor people during Christmas was started by people who dressed up as Santa clause. Gradually this trend became popular among other people too.

WE celebrate christmas with lots of enjoyment . We share some exciting gifts with each other. But do you really know who started or who introduced this system of giving gifts?

Mala Jaiswar

I am loving the idea of Christmas wishes coming pouring in almost one month in advance. Is this to remind people for keep gifts ready? But I can understand the point well.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@Ronark I am loving the idea of Christmas wishes coming pouring in almost one month in advance. Is this to remind people for keep gifts ready?

LOL he had started it 2 years too early and probably forgotten all about it too , I brought it out of the archives realising its relevance now...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.