I arrived in Bangalore as a new bride when the city itself was getting ready for the next phase in its life. This was early 1992, and I knew I was in Bangalore when one of the gifts I received at the wedding was a TVS Champ. "Maybe I'll just take the bus to work," I said, the Bombay girl that I was.

In less than a week, though, I was zipping down M.G. Road on the moped, wearing a blue raincoat. I had a new job as reporter for The Times of India. As I write this, a flood of questions are stirred up, steeped in nostalgia and served with a side of longing.

Do you still get them, those raincoats of my time in Bangalore? You could get them in either blue or beige, with a hood, which I would never wear.

Read more
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore/silver-jubilee/A-sense-of-belonging/articleshow/4836809.cms#ixzz18vsewEI2
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A very nice article by the author.She has narrated it very well. :) :) :)
Indeed a real good narration by the author....Nice article shared....
It is indeed a good experience shared by the author... :)
Dear Friend,

This is really eye opner for all those citizen.
Regard's
Bharat.
I think her degree in journalism had helped her narrate the experience in a wonderful manner. :) :)
Nice article, the way it was narrated is amazing, as if the incident took in front of my eyes.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.