Your body needs carbohydrates mainly for energy.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
And the best source of carbohydrates and fibre is whole grain food like oatmeal, whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta and brown rice.

Here are the benefits of including these in your diet.

Consuming an average of 2.5 servings of whole grains each day is associated with a 21% lower risk of cardiovascular disease.

Whole grain foods help keep blood sugar and insulin levels from rising, then falling, too quickly. And better control of blood sugar and insulin can keep hunger at bay and has a high probability of preventing the development of Type 2 diabetes. Thus, by keeping hunger at bay, it also helps in losing weight. Whole grains help prevent constipation.
Including whole grain food in your diet
- Have a slice of whole grain bread to replace your white bread.

- Go for a serving of whole grain breakfast cereal in the morning. Substitute half the white flour with whole wheat flour in your regular recipes for cookies, muffins, quick breads and pancakes.

- Add brown rice, wild rice or barley in your vegetable soup.

- Snack on popcorn instead of chips on movie nights.
I do accept that wheat bread is healthy when compared to the white bread.Thanks for the information,Abhishek.
Yes some points are acceptable and is true in some cases.. :)
Thanks for sharing Abhishek! Since whoe grains are mainly complex carbohydrates, they boost your energy levels and maintain them for a longer time keeping you full!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.