Capsicum has been cultivated for thousands of years now. Available in a variety of colours like red, yellow and green, it's also known as bell pepper, jalapeno and chilli. Rich in vitamins, it's an effective cure for many diseases. Along with the various medicinal properties, capsicum is also a great ingredient for some yummy recipes.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Eyes and skin
Eating capsicum helps in keeping the skin clear, prevents rashes and pimples. It contains vitamin A, which is good for eyes and helps prevent eye diseases.

Cancer prevention
Capsicum contains compounds known as capsaicins that prevent carcinogen from binding with DNA and provide some protection from cancer.
Pain relief
Capsaicins also block the transmission of pain from the skin to the spinal cord and prevents the sensation of pain. It's helpful in treating pain-related diseases.

Hair
Capsicum extract is one of the best hair growth boosting product. It prevents hairfall and helps you maintain thicker and fuller hair. But it's burning in nature, so be careful while using it.
Burns calories
Eating capsicum speeds up the metabolism and helps burn more calories. It reduces weight gained due to a high fat diet. It also leads to the secretion of digestive juices and prevents indigestion. As a cardiovascular stimulant, it regulates blood pressure. and lowers cholesterol and triglyceride in the body.
The variant in the capsicum colors really increases the urge to consume more of it.
Capsicum Pepper as Medicine

Capsicum Annuum has been used for centuries if not millennium as medicine.

Traditional Folk Medicine

As an ancient remedy "hot pepper" has been used:

* As digestive aid
* to treat sore throat and the effect of the common cold
* to raise metabolism
* as a blood purifier

Modern Medicine
Capsicum Annuum contains a phytochemical called capsaicin. This compound has been studied for:

* pain relief
* treatment of diabetes
* a weight loss aid
* treatment for lung congestion
* lowering bad cholesterol
* the treatment of certain cancers
Capsicum Annuum as Nutrient

Because there are so many varieties of pepper it's a bit hard to give a complete nutritional profile; however, consider that any "serving" of 4 oz of pepper will provide the following;

* five (5) grams of carbohydrate
* two and a half (2.5) grams sugar
* almost two (2) grams of fiber
* a third (1/3) gram of fat
* one (1) gram of protein

Pepper also contains vitamin(s) B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B9. It also contains vitamin C (more than an equal quantity of citrus at 140% of the RDA), calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
well it is new to know and very food information shared by Abhishek and neetu.
I do consume capsicum twice a week . I didn't knew the benefits of it. Now, whenever i would consume capsicum,i would remember its benefits to eat more and more for my good health.

Want to make each day Accountable

Dear friend,
Capsicum has calcium, Vitamin-A & C. It has been helpful for your skin and eyes.

Regards,
Bharat
i love capsicums, good to hear its Health benefits. thanks for sharing...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.