ISLAMABAD: A 13-year-old Dalit girl was kidnapped and apparently forced to convert to Islam in the Pakistani port city of Karachi, according to a media report on Saturday.

Poonam was kidnapped from her house in Lyari Town in Karachi on Wednesday, her uncle Bhanwroo told the Daily Times newspaper.

When neighbours informed her family of Poonam's presence at a madrassa in Lyari, they went there.

"She was very scared and under the influence of maulvis. She told us they will not let her go, so she will stay with them as a Muslim," said Bhanwroo.

The family contacted police in Chakiwara to lodge an FIR on the kidnapping but they refused to do so, he said.

Lyari's Superintendent of Police Khadim Hussain Rind told the newspaper that lodging an FIR would not make any difference as it will be cancelled during court proceedings.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/pakistan/Dalit-girl-forced-to-convert-to-Islam-in-Pakistan-Report/articleshow/6536246.cms
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It tells its own story how irreligious the Pakistan society has become in the name of religion!!
Pakistion should understand what is "religion".Religion should represent love and humanity, not terrorism.
Hmm muslims are becoming big threat to the other religions, what is there in religion, all god says the same to be non violent
Let us condemn the activites of the misguided sections of any religion.Don't paint all the muslims black!!!
That is really very gruesome act. Dalit people in India have got some status but such incidents depicts that pakistan is still having backwardness in this aspect.. :angry:
When was the Pakistan known for its progressive image.It's an obscurantist society!
Forced or not.anyway welcome to the true path!!!!!

good attempt at sarcasm, try to bring more of it next time
I think be it sarcasm or a blunt message to Pakistan it never cares to read it properly!
There is no compulsory conversion in Islam.So I think those who converted her does not know what is Islam.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Forcible conversion is against all ethics and religious norms and no true religion ever sanctions this practice.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.