The Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA)has filed a chargesheet against health drink Complan's advertisement claim that it can add two inches to children's height.

Pediatricians rubbished the study cited by Complan. They say if a child is given extra nutrition along with a normal diet he or she is bound to grow better.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is a very good initiative by the FDA. I think this should be strengthened to in all areas of healthcare so that quality products are made available to the people.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Not only for health products, we have to watch other products like fairness creams manufacturers who claim that they will change skin complexion within 4 weeks. Many people are using these creams from several years but their skin color remained same :laugh:
@Chetana, thanks for drawing attention to this vital issue!! It really is a tall claim since height of any person will total;ly depend on the heredity and ethnicity. Proper nutrition and diet does play a role here but only to some extent! The punchline that Complan is advertising can not be true and so do all the other products that claim to do so otherwise like the examples you mentioned! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Such tall claims are attempts at short-changing the gullible people!
The claims done in all the advertisements is nothing but only a way to attract the common people. This is a very good lesson taught by FDA, to one such advertisement. Hope others will take a good lesson from this.

Aastha Gupta
Misleading ads should be banned it is unlawful under law of torts too!
Today children are getting extra inches not in length but in width!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
That's great,Abid! It's not vetical but horizontal growth!
Today children are becoming more and more obese.

Nice post.
The actual truth is if we get children to eat our traditional meals which contains all the required nutritions, there is actually no need of anything like complan or boost!! Plenty of vegetables and fruits complemented by milk, egss and some quantities of meat alone is more than enough!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.