Three weeks after the 25 paise coins were withdrawn from circulation, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Friday announced it will introduce new coins in five denominations -- from 50 paise to Rs10.

The coins would be in denomination of one, two, five and Rs10, besides 50 paise.

While the Rs10 coins will be made of copper and nickel, Rs5 will be made of brass with a composition of copper, zinc and nickel.

The lower denomination coins of 50 paise, Re1 and Rs2 will be made of ferritic stainless steel containing iron and chromium.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/business/news/reserve-bank-india-issue-new-coins-280
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So we are going to see a new 10 rupees.. Thats good ..
Dear Manas, I think the coins you are talking about have come into circulation and we have them at our branch.

Arise Awake and Rest Not till the Goal is Achieved.
Yes, even I came over the coins of these denominations and used it. Really I was quite thrilled to see the new coins....
it is not a different case: thing will be same either we have 10 rupees note or 10 rupee coin.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.