The income tax department has moved the Bombay high court challenging its tribunal ruling in favour of actor Shah Rukh Khan. He had sought tax relief for using his membership at Bandra's Otters Club and his BMW for professional reasons.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I-T Dept says that SRK sought deduction of Rs15 lakhs but i think Rs.15 lakhs is nothing for person like SRK
Hey Abhishek, Can you post the link to the news?. I would help me.
Why should he be given any tax relief? A common man who works hard to meet ends meet is never considered for any kind of tax relief, if he defaulters, he is fined pronto! so SRK should also not be spared, he earns a huge amount of money in any case and paying taxes will not put a dent into his financial status!
emocoffee2-20110218.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The IT Department is not supposed to go by color or creed and its duty is to ensure that the assessee has filed the correct return of income and if there is any attempt to conceal it, it must move without any other extraneous considerations!
i think it will continue but i feel it must not spare the politicians
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]Hey Abhishek, Can you post the link to the news?. I would help me.[/quote]

There are several links pertaining to I.T. raid on S.R.K. Search on Google will help.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Common man is always the target of IT dept as he has to pay the tax as well as the bribes but beeing a celebrity SRK has many ways to escape both.
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]Hey Abhishek, Can you post the link to the news?. I would help me.[/quote]

Here is the link for the news.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/personal-finance/tax-savers/tax-news/i-t-moves-hc-against-tax-reliefs-sought-by-shahrukh-khan/articleshow/7516790.cms
Thanks for the link,Abhishek.

@Gulshan,
Bit lazy to search for links through google and bing. That's why i often ask for links. :P :P
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.