Uploading of photos on matrimonial, social sites has been termed as ‘Haraam’ by Madarsa Manzar-e-Islam of Dargah Aala Hazrat, An organisation of Sunni Muslim clerics. The organization says, Bio- data can be posted without a Photo.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don"t think there is anything bad in uploading photos on social sites or giving photo along with your biodata. :blink:
I don"t think there is anything bad in uploading photos on social sites or giving photo along with your biodata. :blink:

But this is the Fatwa issued by Muslim Clerics.
Uploading of photos on matrimonial, social sites has been termed as ‘Haraam’ by Madarsa Manzar-e-Islam of Dargah Aala Hazrat, An organisation of Sunni Muslim clerics. The organization says, Bio- data can be posted without a Photo.

With out photo how they will marry others. :ohmy:

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Thanks for this topic.

Ever since I started living in Saudi Arabia which is a muslim dominated country.
I am learning a lot about the muslim culture. For few weeks I was very much confused to their rules & culture but slowly slowly I got used to it.
After interacitng with few local guys, I now understand the culure, its Islamic rules & I rather respect them.

The islam people should never share their photos anywhere in public forum. But they have exchange through proper family channels.

Girls & women are truly respected here in saudi arabia.

I'm sure if we had such rules & culture, No rape will happen in India. But its people who decide the culture.
I feel as a human we must respect others religion & culture.

atulb@boddunan.com
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Thanks for this topic.

Ever since I started living in Saudi Arabia which is a muslim dominated country.
I am learning a lot about the muslim culture. For few weeks I was very much confused to their rules & culture but slowly slowly I got used to it.
After interacitng with few local guys, I now understand the culure, its Islamic rules & I rather respect them.

The islam people should never share their photos anywhere in public forum. But they have exchange through proper family channels.

I'm sure if we had such rules & culture, No rape will happen in India. But its people who decide the culture.

Thanks for sharing your experiences here Atul! No wonder Saudi Arabia is such a prosperous country because they respect their women and protect them! What I feel is that respecting women is a basic thing that must be taught by the parents to their children, but in most families, there is a lot of distinction in the manner a girl and a boy is treated, right from giving them their favorite foods to education, boys usually get a preferential treatment and that passes a wrong message. It is something that should not be linked to religion but be seen as basic human rights and only then can the scenario change!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Let those covered by the Fatwa decide to abide or not. Every community and organization has liberty to regulate their affairs. Let others not bother about this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It doesn't matter what some religious fanatics say about things. Every person has the right to choose on uploading photos or not. There is nothing wrong in uploading pictures on social networking sites as long as they are not vulgar. :whistle:

Mala Jaiswar
No doubt that uploading a picture is left to the discretion of an individual but when it is a matter of matrimony, one should be careful.A good looking girl may find many would be grooms responding to the profile based only on the looks and vice versa. I feel that photos should be exchanged only after the two parties find some common interests ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

WEll, I think there is nothing wrong in uploading pics!! If people do it with all cautions, I don't think there is anything about to worry because of that.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thanks for this topic.

We too have rules. And our rules say that our women are epitome of motherhood and holiness. But what we see here are something different from what we say. This is different in Islamic countries. This makes a great difference.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.