Hello Friends Here is a question for you, what is the difference between downloading and uploading ?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Downloading - Data comes from the server (say boddunan.com) to your computer

Uploading - Data sent from your computer to the server (say for example uploading video to Youtube).

Uploading doesn't mean only the files. When you request for a webpage, your browser sends some information as part of the request to the server. So the amount of that data count as uploaded data.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

ok maverick . i got that uploading is sending some data to server . but when i download a movie via a utorrent(a client to downloads files via torrent) then in this what kind of uploading is done . And sometimes no uploading is done and sometimes its done and exceed the limit like if movie is about 7oomb then uploading reaches 900 mb . Now in this regard i wanna ask what is uploading????
Our actvities on theinternet are in two directions. Anything that we communicate is uploading and what we receive id downloading.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

we recive that we want . but what we communicate wt kind of information is uploaded to servers or website???????????????/
Rohit..

I will clear your doubt..
What maverick said is right..

But what it is happening in torrents is that, torrent is a P2P based network.

When you download something to your Pc through torrent, some data from your computer will be taken by them.Something like information exchange. This data may be accessible to others.

Thats why when you download something from torrent, uploading is also shown..

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
dear jobin thats the thing i want to ask that information exchange what kind of information exchange when i download movie then 800 mb uploading is done so it big in size . and anyway it may be information exchange.
itmay be good understood by uttorent .
Rohit its simple man . In utorrent u can see peers and seed . Peers means those who all downloaded the movie. Seed are who are all downloading currently.

Now i tell you what information is exchanging . For ex if your downloading a movie name "A" and its size is 700mb . While you downloading the movie the same movie your uploading that time your called as seeder. I hope you understand what am coming to say.So if you stop the downloading process . The upload of the same file will be stop.
but some times it happen a torrent with peers but not seed then downloading would not satrt.
but if torrent have seeds no peers , downloading have no effect it starts .
means seeds are more im but peers not .
it happens ??????????
YA rohit Because those seeders downloaded some amount of torrent file. So that data's are been shared among the seeders. SO if you download some amount of data . That data would be shared again for the new seeder.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.