This is another one form Mark Twain on dreams and illusions!

"Don't part with your illusions.When they are gone,you may still exist,but you have ceased to live."

Would you prefer 'dreams' for 'Illusion'?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No takers yet! I think life is all about dreams and without them it is going to lose all its and color and sheen!
Dreams and illusions are similar. The dream may be real but the illusion is by very definition untrue. As long as you are aware of reality, even illusions will not harm. Pleasant illusions will delight your mind.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Illusions and dreams give us some solace from the harsh realities of life! They also soften the hard blows that life dealts out to a great extent.

Dreams give us a hope and a longing for a better future, if those dreams were gone, many would find the purpose to live gone.

Therefore dreams are necessary! But yes, that does not mean one should only keep dreaming and do nothing! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

No i dont think dreams can be illusions.. Illusions are bit like gift is it so!!
Raja wrote:
[quote]No i dont think dreams can be illusions.. Illusions are bit like gift is it so!![/quote]

Raja- anything that appears real but is unreal is illusion. So, if a dream is false- day dream or sleep- this is an illusion. I feel that all lovely things- even illusions- are our treasure in mind and give comfort and joy. This is what fantasy is about. But one must not be involved in illusions when at work or serious business. illusions are past time mental luxury.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Great views from Kalyani and Gulshan! I fully endorse them!
Dreams can come true only if we put in proper efforts.One way,it gives us happiness when we dream about things which are beyond our reach. :)
Although the author almost equates dreams with illusions,I believe dreams have greater postive connotations!
Very nice one..to show the difference between dream and illusion..
[quote]Although the author almost equates dreams with illusions,I believe dreams have greater postive connotations![/quote]

True Chinmoy!! Many times illusions may only distort the reality!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.