The Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award was presented to social and political activist, Aruna Roy by President Pratibha Patil on Oct, 1 in New Delhi for her selfless dedication towards the issues of the common men.

Her broad based collective campaigns have helped ensure the passage of the Right to Information Law and the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in Parliament in 2005, the citation said.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Also,she dedicated Rs.5 lakh cash award for the welfare of the poor.
Very heart-warming news for all of us!Thanks Nagalakshmi doe sharing!
that;s a very good news....many congratulations to aruna roy....thanks nagalakshmi for sharing.....

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
We need persons like Ms.Roy in our midst today who are so sincerely involved in their work!
Very positive and great news!! thanks for sharing!! She indeed deserves it!! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well Smt. Aruna Roy recieved the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award which was instituted by Lal Bhadur Shastri Institute of Management,New Delhi.The award is presented to exceptionally outstanding and distinguished business leaders,management practitioners,public administrator educators or institute builders for his/her sustained individual contributions and achievements of high professional order and excellence
The honour carries a cash award of rs 5 lakhs plus a citation and a plaque.The Awardee's name is inscribed on the Honours Roll of LBSIM and he/she is designated as Lal Bahadur Shastri Fellow.

The award is presented by Hon'ble President of India at a ceremony in Rashtrapati Bhawan..AND it was a privilege for me to be a part of that ceremony where Smt. Aruna Roy's work was recognized for her outstanding and pioneering work in the field of social work and community leadreship.The award ceremony was followed by a lecture by the awardee on "Freedom from Hunger" at nehru planetarium, Teen Murti Marg, New Delhi.

One of the most motivating lectures to be attended... :cheer: :cheer: :) :cheer: :cheer:
Thanks Kaveri Gupta, for providing updates to the news. :) :)
:)..In case you need further info. on topic..I'd be happy to help..:)
The award given to Aruna Roy is very apt. Right to information and Rural Employment scheme are good tools for common man.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Kaveri,Do you have the link to the lecture given by her? :) :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.