Fifteen works of art by painter Hussain,including a canvas work he gifted to Italian film director Roberto Rossellini and his Indian Wife,have fetched Rs.11.69 crore at a Sotheby's aution.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I was trying to find the link,but could not get it. Will post the same if i get it. :)
He is a great painter,no doubt about that,but he should've been more careful while expressing his art.
Here is the link nagalakshmi,

Read more: Belated birthday gift: Husain's works fetch Rs 11.69 crore - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Belated-birthday-gift-Husains-works-fetch-Rs-1169-crore-/articleshow/6585081.cms#ixzz0zybzVsVa
Thanks for the link,Sajeetharan. :) :) .I read the news from "THE HINDU".
Money and controvery these two have chased him throughout his life! I just wish he paints life in a less controversial manner!!
He is a son of this country's soil, whatever citizenship he has acquired now for whatever circumstances doesn't make him a less Indian by heart.
We must blame him also for raising uncalled for controversy and he seems to look at controversies as a marketing tool!!
His painting are really wonderful...I think he must focus more on preparing them than movies and actress in Bollywood.
We have painters of great brillance but none resorted to such gimmicks to earn fame!
Had he been more careful in choosing & painting his art pieces, he would be loved by INDIANS in general. The reason for which he was thrown out of this country is a genuine
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.