HYDERABAD: A couple, who had eloped and married, was stoned to death in what appears to be a case of honour killing in Andhra Pradesh's Nizamabad district.

Irate residents of Krishnajivadi village rained stones on the couple after tying them to a pole, police said on Thursday.

The macabre incident occurred late Wednesday night in Telangana region, about 250 km from Hyderabad.

Sunkara Srinivas, 32, belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), and 22-year-old Swapna Reddy, belonging to an upper caste, had eloped and married six months ago.

Swapna's family was against the alliance as Srinivas was from a lower caste and already married. He had two children from his first wife.

The newly married couple lived in Hyderabad for sometime as Srinivas was working as a computer operator in a private firm.

They returned to the village three days ago. Swapna's relatives called the couple on the pretext of discussing some issues. Following an argument, they started thrashing Srinivas and when Swapna tried to protect him, they attacked her as well.

The couple was then tied to a pole and the attackers, numbering about 30, pelted stones on them leading to their death.

Police have registered a case and arrested three people.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Couple-stoned-to-death-in-Andhra-Pradesh/articleshow/5979679.cms
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Another heart shaking news..
I donot know..Why people don't let others to live happily and peacefully..
Whats the matter if they had married and if they are happy together, then what the hell the kins are to take with the girl now...

Simply disgusting..

Aastha Gupta
Yes....

disgusting and shocking news.

what is wrong with inter caste marriages?

why some human beings consider others humans as subservient?

such kind of barbaric behaviour were unheard in india before. day by day some sections of indian society r becoming more and more barbaric and cruel.

RIP to the couple.
@Sajeetharan..very right..

One of the main reason for this cruelity is the illiteracy among people..because of which their mind setup never changes and they always consider that they are right..

And Illiteracy never let them do anything right.. :huh:

Aastha Gupta
Ooooooooo... This happened in Andhra????

What a pity!!!!

This is very disgusting fact!!! Do not know how humans are turning to be wild animals day-by-day!!!!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I am feeling sick down to my stomach to know this! I am too dumbfounded to comment on this!
This is really horrible and shocking. Dont know why people hate to live in peace.

90% adsense revenue sharing plus cash credit on every post. Resister at [url=]Delhispider[/url].
How can one stone a couple mercilessly without a guilt? Their hearts are really stones.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
One point has been missed by all. The man was already married. So, his marriage is with another girl is not appropriate. However, nobody should take law in his hand. The act of stoning to death is very barbaric and condemnable. Such incidents in West U.P.and Haryana are common. It is so bad that this is happening in Andhra also,

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes. Even though it is a mistake by the married man to marry another girl, people should not take law in their own hands as life of anyone is always precious for somebody.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Yes Meean --

Law should not be taken into hands... They should have complained to the police.....
What happened to the innocent girl???? Its merciless!!!!!!!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.