cow dung will be used to power computers-HP
Finally, a perfect way to use waste! Cow manure may soon be used as a source of energy to power data centers or Internet in the future.

Hewlett-Packard has released a study called "Design of Farm Waste-Driven Supply Side Infrastructure for Data Centers" that draws attention to biogas energy created from cow dung.

The study encourages dairy farmers to rent out land and power to technology companies, reports Discovery News.

Planet Green explained the process of transforming cow manure to biofuel called biogas.

In this process, manure is first collected from the cows, and put under an anaerobic digestion process, releasing methane gas.

This gas can be used as natural gas or diesel fuel in generators that produce electricity.

It apparently takes 10,000 cows to produce enough manure to power a small computer center for a bank.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
sajeetharan wrote:
[quote]

It apparently takes 10,000 cows to produce enough manure to power a small computer center for a bank.[/quote]

That's really huge numbers of cows needed to power a bank. I am not that many cows will be available in a town.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Once in villages, there used to be enough water for cattle to drink but now we buy water @10rupees/ liter but poor cattle got no money to pay....
Generating biogas from cow dung is a old process. But power generation is a new thing. It requires lot of cow dung. And in villages also 10,000 cows are not available.

Cool information and hot earnings @
http://bit.ly/cbOLIy
This is quite an achievement...if along with cow dung, wet waste such as waste food, kitchen waste, vegetables and fruit peelings etc can be used it will reduce the quantities of cow dung, since the making of compost works on the same lines as using cow dung to make biogas!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Bio-gas is being used widely as fuel in the villages and its further application is a welcome move.
I have seen quite many Hindus applying cowdungs in front of the door of their home.

they can be used for it..it may sounds funny but think over it
Yes though biogas is very old system HP has taken a good idea...This is economical way to generate electricity and is not at all injurious to environment. I think if i am not wrong, other then cow dung ...waste is also used for generating biogas...Waste means decay plants and other things...So if that is the case if cows become scarcity the waste can be use.

Anyhow very nice information and useful information. Thanks for sharing :)
Waste management is really most important as we need use all resources economically, Hence, the use of cow dung for generating electricity is welcome idea.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes it is nice initiative from HP. I also think solar energy should be utilized for generating electricity. Most of the time we have Sun so no problem for scarcity. ALready many people are use solar enegry for cars, water and cooking.
YES --- -Thats a very good move!!!! Hope the plantations be successful and be placed around the world!!! This would save the petroleum products too.....

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.