Hello friends,

In the past tamil new year was celebrated on April 14 ( 1st day of 1st tamil month Chittirai ). But the current DMK government has changed to January 14th ( 1st day of tamil month Thai ) even though it is not the first tamil month.

In addition to it, this year tamilnadu goverment had advised the temple authorities not to conduct any special pooja on April 14th to stop the new year celebration on that day. I feel this is unnecessary and hurts the sentiments of people.

Please share your views on this.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Apart from political interest, i don't think there is any need to change the dates in any case.Not only because of tradition, but with logic also these dates are significant.As far as i know, most of our Indian discoveries has a scientific base.Here also we can see that April 14th has got some significance.It is the date when day and night are almost equal (equinox).The position of sun is also in a transition state.So scientifically it can be said that April 14 is an apt date for the beginning of a year.
Changing new year day by goverment is wonderful one.Here 14th April is Vishu, a Hindu festival.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I don't find any rationale behind this act.The Tamil Nadu Government under the all-powerful leader Karunanidhi has resorted to cheap gimmicks to earn some popularity and in the process has hurt the sentiments of the people.
You are very correct. But Still court has accepted the Government decision. So people have no resort to complaint about this. Moreover tamils are least bothered about all these things and they do not have even 1% of rebellious or revolutionary feeling to oppose government when their feelings are injured. They are ready to accept it and bear it. So no point in discussing about these topic anymore, when majority of the tamil population is painless.

This poor tamil people are not brave enough even to support their brothers and sisters when they are being killed mercilessly in Ceylon. They are not even ready to restrain from voting in the general elections to show their protest. Tamil ethnicity has become a very weak ethnicity in the world it seems.
i am agree with you . I am hearing this issue first time though i dont have much knowledge in it

The government must follow secularism in accordance with constitution. Interference of government in religious matters like Puja is most disgusting. Although Government must look after law and order problems and other public utilities and administration, actual participation or interference with religious or worship process is unconstitutional and nonsecular.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.