Still giving and taking dowry is treated as a status symbol in the Indian society.
What’s your take on this?

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9121]}
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
For some persons, it's a status symbol. But not for all!
More than dowry, I feel those money wasted in marriage functions is to be avoided most......because no one is benefited with those marriage wastes and extra expenditure

Meera sandhu
More than dowry, I feel those money wasted in marriage functions is to be avoided most......because no one is benefited with those marriage wastes and extra expenditure

in my state, crores of rupees that change hands in the name of 'Dowry,' eclipse the marriage expenditure

in my state, crores of rupees that change hands in the name of 'Dowry,' eclipse the marriage expenditure

It's common in all states.....
In Kerala, I feel in North Kerala, dowry is not a big issue comparing to South Kerala.
North kerala is muslim concentrated....I think more than 70 percent of people are muslims and they are not interested in bank interest, drinks and of course, dowry too. 2-3 marriages can happen in North Kerala with the same amount, if we compare with south.
But when we travel towards south, while girl and boy are talking, 'elders' leave them alone.....but truth is that behind curtains, dowry talks are going on, as if it's some business :evil: :evil: :evil: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I belong to capital city.....so, am well aware of that situation.
In middle Kerala, though people don't demand dowry, marriages always happen between people of same status :evil: :evil:
Let me tell you, most rich people of Kerala belong to middle Kerala..particularly, Thrissur/Ernakulam belt...full NRIs.
Even educated boys are expecting more money than a good wife.... :sick:

Meera sandhu

In Kerala, I feel in North Kerala, dowry is not a big issue comparing to South Kerala.
North kerala is muslim concentrated....I think more than 70 percent of people are muslims and they are not interested in bank interest, drinks and of course, dowry too. 2-3 marriages can happen in North Kerala with the same amount, if we compare with south.
But when we travel towards south, while girl and boy are talking, 'elders' leave them alone.....but truth is that behind curtains, dowry talks are going on, as if it's some business :evil: :evil: :evil: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
In middle Kerala, though people don't demand dowry, marriages always happen between people of same status :evil: :evil:
Let me tell you, most rich people of Kerala belong to middle Kerala..particularly, Thrissur/Ernakulam belt...full NRIs.

I'm from that region which gave a large number of professionals to IT giants like WIPRO, INFOSYS and TCS. Their salaries are in lakhs per month. Still they stand in the dowry bazaar awaiting for a bride who comes with a wagon load of currency to buy them.
In India, all religious and social customs are commercialized. Marriage is also a commercial affair. This is largely because of the system of arranged marriage. Arrangement by parents, relatives and others degenerates marriage to a commercial activity in which the bride and groom are like share scrips which are auctioned

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Dowry is a dangerous women killer the world have ever seen. Many people commit suicide because of dowry.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
In India, all religious and social customs are commercialized. Marriage is also a commercial affair. This is largely because of the system of arranged marriage. Arrangement by parents, relatives and others degenerates marriage to a commercial activity in which the bride and groom are like share scrips which are auctioned

The worst thing about dowry system is that Women plays a vital role. Dowry system has to be eradicated.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

There are many parents who feel a dowryless marriage is something a blotch on the honor of their family
Dowry system spoiled many life and also families.It is very severe crime.Govt. should take steps against these.

Sharmistha Banerjee

When money is lavishly put on any marriage function, then i don't think it is waste. I think its their desire to spend on their daughter or Son's marriage.
They want to show to the society about this marriage. I think If a person is having money and can afford to spend, then he/she will do it.

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.