The topic is locked.
Friends yesterday was saptami. I have visited Baghbazar, Koomartooli and Mahammed Ali Park. The best pratima of Kolkata 2012 is Koomartooli and Koomartooli park. The partima was beautiful enough to express in words.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Friends Koomartooli is famous for it beautiful idols of Maa Durga. In the TV serial "CID", they have shown this place because of its artistic importance in Kolkata. The artists make durga puja and kali puja idols are experts in whole of WB.
All idols of Durga Puja are send to different places from here. The art of Koomatooli is different and the best one. Have a look at this :-
Thank you Devu for sharing......
We don't have such celebrations here..
Yet Navrathri lamps will be lit at temples...
Now let me go and prepare saraswathi pooja......

Meera sandhu
Devyani can you post some pictures of puja of Kolkata? I will post some of Durgapur. But let me collect.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Friends Koomartooli is famous for it beautiful idols of Maa Durga. In the TV serial "CID", they have shown this place because of its artistic importance in Kolkata. The artists make durga puja and kali puja idols are experts in whole of WB.
All idols of Durga Puja are send to different places from here. The art of Koomatooli is different and the best one. Have a look at this :-

Were you going to share a picture devyani, but it has not been uploaded...however, thanks a lot for sharing all the details about the pooja celebrations there .. :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kumar tooli is famous for making idol and from here through ship Pratima goes to foreign also.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Friends extremely sorry but I cannot upload the pictures. I have tried many a times.
Thank you Devu for sharing......
We don't have such celebrations here..
Yet Navrathri lamps will be lit at temples...
Now let me go and prepare saraswathi pooja......

In Bengal, Saraswati Puja is celebrated in the month of Feburary or March.

Were you going to share a picture devyani, but it has not been uploaded...however, thanks a lot for sharing all the details about the pooja celebrations there .. :)

@ Devyani I think most f the Artisans are PALs or PAULs of Kumartooli if i'm not mistaken.
I visited the pandals of mudiali club.The pandals and idol are wonderful.And received many awards.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I am sharing some photographs of durga Pratima and its pandals of kolkata of 2012.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9097]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9098]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9099]}

Sharmistha Banerjee
Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.