We are one of the biggest mango growers in the world with different varieties in different states. Although our area is famous for Dashehari and, Gulab Jamun but I have two trees of Safeda in my front yard.
Now what is popular variety of your area and what was the highest and lowest cost in this past season.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The price of mango was high . still now it is 100 per Kg. in other year even we get 30 -40 per Kg.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
The price of mango was high . still now it is 100 per Kg. in other year even we get 30 -40 per Kg.

Ram you forgot to mention popular variety/varieties grown in your area please.

In Trissur, Moovandan is most famous.
In Southern parts, Varikka, Neela, Mailappoo, Chenkori Varikka, Pulichi, Parayanthooki.......are common items. I can't ven name a single one in English.
Mangalore mangoes are very famous in Kerala. Now prices are below 50-60 per kilo. Some of the varieties, below 30 per kilo

Meera sandhu
Here in Pune alphanso's are popular but are very expensive and its sold per dozen basis.. and its around 350-400 per dozen...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
In bengal Dashera,langra, Himsagar are popular brand and all ar tasty to eat.

I thought Maldah was one of the most famous mangoes in your area or you have any other name for that?

I thought Maldah was one of the most famous mangoes in your area or you have any other name for that?

Malda is a district name and the mangoes are called so.

We are one of the biggest mango growers in the world with different varieties in different states. Although our area is famous for Dashehari and, Gulab Jamun but I have two trees of Safeda in my front yard.
Now what is popular variety of your area and what was the highest and lowest cost in this past season.

Sunil, Mangalore has something like 45 to 50 varieties of mangoes , some of them meant only for pickling and the others eaten as fruits.In my house I have 4 varieties of mango trees so during season we have more than plenty.We have Neelam, Alphonsa, Mundappa ( a local variety not available anywhere except in Konkan coast) and a variety of mango used for making pickles growing in our garden..
Other than that the more popular varieties include Kalapadi and Raspoori...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This year not much mangoes here thier price is also high per kg 100rs here banginapalli is famous.
Himsagar mango is special in our area. It is very delicious. It is just amazing. I love this variety.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.