We would had come across these 2 words many times.
Can you tell us,what is the difference and when we can use these words?

Want to make each day Accountable

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Entertainment is like where we are having fun... While celebration is done for particular reason and success.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Entertainment is an action, event or activity that aims to entertain, amuse and interest an audience.
Celebration may refer to Party, a social gathering or celebration
Festival, a community gathering to celebrate something in particular occation.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Entertainment is like where we are having fun... While celebration is done for particular reason and success.

I think Entertainment too can be done for a reason as well.

Entertainment is an action, event or activity that aims to entertain, amuse and interest an audience.
Festival, a community gathering to celebrate something in particular occasion.

Agreed to your point, but still not agreed completely.

You celebrate a festival or some special occasion like anniversary or birthday. Celebration includes entertainment. Entertainment is any activity that delights your physically and mentally by making you feel relaxed. We entertain ourselves even without a particular occasion. You watch T.V. and sons on U tube. This is simply entertainment and not celebration.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

let wait for some experts comment.

I think celebrations are related to some ceremony, festivals etc and programs inside it are pre-determined and well organised....done at a particular time only while entertainment.....it may include any thing which brings enjoyment.....and not at all organised....
That's why all movies, TV channels, songs are grouped under entertainment.......

For example....Onam Celebration, Dusshera celebration, annual day celebrations at school or college.......It belongs to a particular day/season ...isn't it?
But entertainment is a wide category......not arranged....and no season at all.

Am I correct? :dry: :dry:

Meera sandhu

I think celebrations are related to some ceremony, festivals etc and programs inside it are pre-determined and well organised....done at a particular time only while entertainment.....it may include any thing which brings enjoyment.....and not at all organised....
That's why all movies, TV channels, songs are grouped under entertainment.......

For example....Onam Celebration, Dusshera celebration, annual day celebrations at school or college.......It belongs to a particular day/season ...isn't it?

we can celebrate in any day and any moment.

Yes. I agree. I have explained the difference in another post. Celebration may include entertainment also. But entertainment need not be only for celebrating some function. We even routinely entertain on TV and cinema. This is just entertainment and not celebration.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Yes. I agree. I have explained the difference in another post. Celebration may include entertainment also. But entertainment need not be only for celebrating some function. We even routinely entertain on TV and cinema. This is just entertainment and not celebration.

Nice explanation sir. I think ronark has got the answer.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.