Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
My friends make fun of me till now, because still now, I believe in the principle "Slow and steady wins the race" and am not ready to change for it for any one or under any pressure :P :P :P

Being 'slow and steady' is okay in literature, arts, music where quality and not quantity matters more. But if you are in defence or police, being slow will not work.

In Police and defense also, hasty decisions won't work...but decisions taken with patience, wisdom and time will work better. Sure!

During operation, defence forces have to decide in split seconds. Speed is very important. Not patience but presence of mind works. Those who cannot decide quickly are best suited to office, audit jobs.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

My friends make fun of me till now, because still now, I believe in the principle "Slow and steady wins the race" and am not ready to change for it for any one or under any pressure :P :P :P

Being 'slow and steady' is okay in literature, arts, music where quality and not quantity matters more. But if you are in defence or police, being slow will not work.

Even in literary or artistic works,time element is vital.Some of our great masterpieces were based on some brilliant bursts of ideas!

Even the winner in Olympics race starts in slow and steady mood....That's why he attains his peak speed at the appropriate time to reach the top.
Those who starts fast at first will get tired before he reaches his half way and can't reach his finishing point.
Also, haste is only a waste.....nothing else

It depends on the situation sometime to act fast can be harmful and sometimes slowness can be harmful. :)

It depends on the situation sometime to act fast can be harmful and sometimes slowness can be harmful. :)

Proverb actually means, we should be calm enough while taking our decisions. Also, we should move up step by step. Sudden acts may result in repent.

Suppose we want the 20th earthen pot which in the lowest position, what should we do? Take the 19 pots placed top on it before reaching your desired one.....Isn't it? ha ha

Meera sandhu
[quote]Not in all races - have you seen how Bolt runs in 100m!!! [/quote]

True, if he slows down even for a second, I would be deprived of the pleasure of seeing him bolt like a lightning! :) :laugh: :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It depends on the situation sometime to act fast can be harmful and sometimes slowness can be harmful. :)[/quote]

You know in this case an elephant is the ideal choice, he never walks fast unless a situation demands so, but when he does nothing can stop him. So do as romans do while in Rome.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You know in this case an elephant is the ideal choice, he never walks fast unless a situation demands so, but when he does nothing can stop him. So do as romans do while in Rome.[/quote]

Elephants were in army in ancient times. But being slow, they are now not employed in army. But still horses and dogs work in army.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sanjeev...at least now, correct the spelling of the word 'believe' in the title :(

Meera sandhu
[quote]Sanjeev...at least now, correct the spelling of the word 'believe' in the title [/quote]

Yes, and also change on to in because you believe in something, not on something!! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It depends on the situation sometime to act

Elephants were in army in ancient times. But being slow, they are now not employed in army. But still horses and dogs work in army.

You Know elephant is a royal animal and walks on his own pace. He would only walk for some one when he is in love with him. But once he walks fast nothing to stop him. He walks/runs real fast.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You know in this case an elephant is the ideal choice, he never walks fast unless a situation demands so, but when he does nothing can stop him. So do as romans do while in Rome.

Elephants were in army in ancient times. But being slow, they are now not employed in army. But still horses and dogs work in army.[/quote]

elephants are not slow Sir. They run faster than man. I think, it's not easy to hide elephants behind bush.....lot of space needed for keeping them. Also, food for an elephant :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.