This honorary army rank was given to Mohan lal in 2009 to attract more youngsters to Indian Army. Major initiation was taken by Major Ravi who directed two patriotic films with Mohanlal as hero. Is this act justifiable? Can we honor an actor with an army rank for merely acting as hero in 2 such films ? Can such a deed prompt more youngsters to join army?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
it may be publicity stunts
same thing happend with ms dhoni

Swetha Shenoy
No, he was given 2 years before. I think he will get salary also, every month, though he doesn't do any service for the country.

Meera sandhu
Such practices of honouring distinguished citizens are followed in other armies too! Here the question how distinguished th person is! I don't think any salary or other emoluments are given, it's purely honarary!
The other celebrity who holds an honorary rank in army is none other than Nana Patekar, I don't think there is anything wrong with it as the rank is purely honorary and they do not get any monetary compensation for it. In other words, you could say that these people like Nana Patekar, MS Dhoni etc. are brand ambassadors for the army, although Dhoni is in Territorial Army, not Indian Army!

If more capable youngsters can be enticed by these celebrities, then I see they are perfectly justified!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: ajay
there is nothing wrong in honouring celebrities. But giving salary is not a correct thing.

Vinu
This is a honour to anyone and every company honoured some body as their brand ambassador.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
[quote]there is nothing wrong in honouring celebrities. But giving salary is not a correct thing. [/quote]

Vinodh, I have already stated that they do not get salaries or any benefits. It is purely an honorary rank!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

actors reach out to public more easily.....they can make people listen to them and watch them.......So if honoring an actor to inspire the youth to join army is working.....then there is no harm in it.......

smriti
No, he was given 2 years before. I think he will get salary also, every month, though he doesn't do any service for the country.

There is no salary for such honorary ranks. Only persons on actual duty get salary.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you all for this information. Someone told me, such persons will be given monthly income also. That's why I asked you people.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.