This is slogan given to India by the Prime Minister of India Lal Bahadur Shastri in 1965 English translation: hail the soldier and hail the farmer

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 3808]}

Is this justified taking the present India into consideration? share your views
Lal_Bahadur_Shastri.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shastriji was a visionary and he was right. What he meant by this slogan was to make India strong with regards to its military power and also strengthen the agricultural production in India. Majority of the Indians live in rural villages, although this scenario has and is changing now, agriculture was the major livelihood earner for the Indians and it should have remained so.

Unfortunately, changed policies and more focus on growth of manufacturing and heavy industries lead to neglect of agriculture. Now industries have taken place of builders' lobbies so much that the farmers are having to sell off their precious lands at dirt rate prices and lose the only livelihood they have ever had. I wish there had been more leaders like Shastriji in the past 30 decades!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Rajani K
Shastriji was a great leader. He played a major role in unifying the independent India by convincing the princely states to merge and give up their sovereignty. Also, the Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan slogan of his, shows this man excellent vision and his mastery over handling core issues.

He was right in realizing that India should focus on it's military strength and agriculture. At that point India relies more than 75% on agriculture and making more investment in agriculture would have helped a long way in the propserity of the rural people.

Still today more than 60% of our GDP comes from agriculture and only 20% of the amount is invested in agriculture which is wrong. Our politicians even lack the common sense to implement PArito's 80/20 rule or maybe theur riding too high on their selfish motives.

Anyways, I pay my homaga to this iron man of India.
Thank you said by: Rajani K
Well said Kalyani and Arun.

I appreciate your opinions and i felt that this slogan is not justified if we take present indian politics into consideration. I wanted to show that he was one of the great leaders who dreamed about prosperus India and to what extent their dreams came true is never known.
This great leader was never know after he suddenly died in suspicious conditions. I think his dream also died then only. It is unfortunate thing that today even half percent of his dream is not full-filled.

I also pay my homage to this great person and his thoughts. :)
Is thee any peculiarity to remember this on this day?If so it is to be shared.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.