Chapati, the traditional Asian flatbread, can have higher protein and fibre content if made using food-grade distillers grains.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
distillers dried grains with solubles, or DDGS, can help improve human nutrition worldwide.

DDGS is produced as a co-product when processing corn into ethanol.
using DDGS to make up 10 per cent of the dough in chapati, an Asian whole wheat unleavened bread eaten in South Asia and East Africa, boosted the fibre from 2.9 per cent to 7.8 per cent. Using 20 per cent DDGS in the dough increased the fiber to 10.3 per cent.

Similarly, protein increased from 10.5 to 12.9 per cent when they used DDGS to make up 10 percent of the dough in chapati. Using 20 per cent DDGS increased the protein to 15.3 percent. Krishnan insisted DDGS is ideal for including in human diets because it is rich in dietary fiber, at 40 per cent, and also in protein, at 36.8 per cent.
Is DDGS available in super markets?.Is there any ready made chapathi mix which has the DDGS?.
Yes chapathi is very healthy food and i like it very much...
Heard about DDGS before but never try it..
I too heard about DDGS in TV. Its being made with the help of Ethanol.

Want to make each day Accountable

Dear Friend,
You have chosen this topic wisely. This is knowledge information to spread the awareness about the Chapati. Hope this topic will put some light.
Keep writing this kind of knowledgeable forum.

Regard's
Bharat.
i also like chapati but have not heard about DDGS,thanks for sharing this information
Abhishek Dua wrote:
[quote]using DDGS to make up 10 per cent of the dough in chapati, an Asian whole wheat unleavened bread eaten in South Asia and East Africa, boosted the fibre from 2.9 per cent to 7.8 per cent. Using 20 per cent DDGS in the dough increased the fiber to 10.3 per cent.

Similarly, protein increased from 10.5 to 12.9 per cent when they used DDGS to make up 10 percent of the dough in chapati. Using 20 per cent DDGS increased the protein to 15.3 percent. Krishnan insisted DDGS is ideal for including in human diets because it is rich in dietary fiber, at 40 per cent, and also in protein, at 36.8 per cent.[/quote]

Who is this Krishnan?
If you add oatmeal to your normal chapati dough,that also gives a protein boost.
Would like to know more about DDSG though.Thanks alot.

Leo

I have no idea about this DDSG. Chapati is great to eat and if we add soyabeans powder to the dough, it becomes protein booster....
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.