The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Woh! Gulshanji you respect your work so much. I also believe that discipline is necessary when we are working. Place of work sometimes matters but it depends on us how we would react and work.

Actually I am retired. I do not work much. I do some professional work in a law firm during day. When I find time, I log in Boddunan. At home, I have a separate computer room. .In early morning or a few hours after dinner, I work at home. I do not work much but when ever I sit on computer, I am in full dress after shave and bath. This is just habit. This also slows my work. Many can sit on computer even without shave and bath and they can work more. But Iam helpless because of my habit.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Everyday before sitting in front of my laptop I used to complete most of my household work and just make my mind fresh and sit for my work.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I am doing it for almost three ears now and doing it according to my own convenience. I am doing comparatively okay without any problem..

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I sit in front of my computer for a minimum 12 hours a day (I am freelancer so my home is my office :) ) and I don't think I am comfortable in formal dress. I take most care for my chair and my sitting position than my outfits. And coming to discipline, I strictly follow my schedules of deliveries and work overnight to avoid any last minute headaches. The only thing that wastes most of my time is internet, I love surfing web, but I could not avoid it.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

I sit in front of my computer for a minimum 12 hours a day (I am freelancer so my home is my office :) ) and I don't think I am comfortable in formal dress. I take most care for my chair and my sitting position than my outfits. And coming to discipline, I strictly follow my schedules of deliveries and work overnight to avoid any last minute headaches. The only thing that wastes most of my time is internet, I love surfing web, but I could not avoid it.

Thank you, sir, for your pleasant but unusual participation in forum. Unlike you, I work from two offices- one in commercial area and one at home. As I am used to work in formal office environment, I work on my home computer also in formal dress but without formal shoes. I also like surfing. I have to work on computer for central excise and customs also. So less time for surfing.

What really matters is that home computer should be in a separate room and not mixed up with living/ drawing rooms. It is necessary to perform the obligatory job first and also to adhere to time schedule even if office is at home.

Gulshanji, Nice thread. I agree that work from home requires a great deal of self imposed discipline and if, like me you have a lot of friends, then the task becomes more daunting. Most friends don't understand that work from home is still work and working from home makes you more responsible for your work as you can't blame it on someone else.

When I started working from home, the first 6 months were very difficult to adjust. I mean I had no self control. Whenever my friends called me, I used to shut down my PC and go hangout with them. My work was suffering. But then I adjusted and now I manage everything.

Work from home can give you a lifestyle but it won't last if you are not disciplined enough.

When I work, I am always in casual attire (Honestly just shorts and t-shirt). Though from past one month I have started catering to Indian clients and sometimes I have to make a presentation so I prefer giving it in formals as it gives a nice impression.

And like maverick, surfing the internet and read mails are my big wasters. In the month of June, I only worked for a total of 34 hours the whole month.(I had my software developer friend made me a time sheet so that I can keep a track of my working hours.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Main advantage from work from home is no depression.

nice sharing.

Be positive
Main advantage from work from home is no depression.

nice sharing.

Depression results from frustration. You are frustrated if you do not achieve. If you do not plan your work properly and do not adhere to time schedule through self discipline and consequently do not satisfy your employer, you will not achieve. If you are worked, you will have to work longer hours even at home. Hence, you may get depression even while working from home.

For example, I have several clients for taxation. Their tax is to be paid and returns filed. If the advocate working from his home cannot complete their job, he is failure and may get depression.

As far time period is concerned I am online almost 16 hours visiting different sites and completing my assignments. I mostly accept writing assignments from different sites and my clients. For me dress is immaterial as I can do my work from anywhere as my laptop is all what I need. :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I prefer to work mostly when my son is in school or I have no other pressing commitments, other than that I am very much comfortable working in what ever attire I wear. The only prerequisite is that there is no noise around me to disturb me.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.