Presently, we have image of Mahatma gandhi on Rs. 500/ notes. RBI is contemplating images of more leaders and asked for suggestions.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Giving-the-Mahatma-company/articleshow/14294127.cms

But such attempt may lead to politicizing selection of leaders. Each political party has own set of leaders.

It is okay to issue currency notes with image of certain leader during centenary celebration. But printing images of numerous politicians on currency notes is fraught with controversies. some are even asking for images of gods and goddesses on notes. This may create communal tension.

Currency notes are for exchanging goods and no other purpose. It will be best to abandon such thoughts and stop printing even Mahatma Gandhi on currency notes. national emblem on currency notes suffices.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I can't agree Sir...
We should print Gandhiji's image on our notes. Otherwise, after 50 years our kids won't remember him at least while counting currency notes.

No need for any other leaders or deities on notes. Let us reserve it for our bappu only :)

Meera sandhu
I read this news in Times of India Yesterday. I too didn't like it.
But i think its been many years that Gandhiji is there on our Currency.
Only Gandhiji was not there to give us independance.There were other greater fighters which also deserves to be remembered,that's why RBI thinks that some place to others should also be given.

Want to make each day Accountable

Is Gandhiji losing importance in modern times?????

@Ronark,
Stamps and coins are there fr such great leaders. Why can't we reserve currency notes for gandhiji only?

Meera sandhu
Is Gandhiji losing importance in modern times?????

@Ronark,
Stamps and coins are there fr such great leaders. Why can't we reserve currency notes for gandhiji only?

You are also right.
But its RBI decision.

Want to make each day Accountable

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Presently, we have image of Mahatma gandhi on Rs. 500/ notes. RBI is contemplating images of more leaders and asked for suggestions.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Giving-the-Mahatma-company/articleshow/14294127.cms

But such attempt may lead to politicizing selection of leaders. Each political party has own set of leaders.

It is okay to issue currency notes with image of certain leader during centenary celebration. But printing images of numerous politicians on currency notes is fraught with controversies. some are even asking for images of gods and goddesses on notes. This may create communal tension.

Currency notes are for exchanging goods and no other purpose. It will be best to abandon such thoughts and stop printing even Mahatma Gandhi on currency notes. national emblem on currency notes suffices.

you are right sir.... Govt can ask valuable person I means to say that, the person may be sachin.............so that congress honored him as an MP ...so that congress get vote for respecting him... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chant Hare krishna and be happy!!
I can't agree Sir...
We should print Gandhiji's image on our notes. Otherwise, after 50 years our kids won't remember him at least while counting currency notes.

No need for any other leaders or deities on notes. Let us reserve it for our bappu only :)

We remember Bhagat Singh, subhash Chandra Bose, Dr. Ambedkar even without their image on currency notes.

Hence, there is no need for any image of any leader on notes. The state emblem suffices. The currency notes are for exchanging goods and not for remembering leaders.

I can't agree Sir...

We remember Bhagat Singh, subhash Chandra Bose, Dr. Ambedkar even without their image on currency notes.

Hence, there is no need for any image of any leader on notes. The state emblem suffices. The currency notes are for exchanging goods and not for remembering leaders.

Yet, is a change needed? :unsure: :unsure:

Meera sandhu
I can't agree Sir...

Yet, is a change needed? :unsure: :unsure:

Please see the link given. The issue of image on notes may open Pandora box. every political party has some favorite leader. There is big queue of leaders whose image may be printed on notes. These may include Charan singh, Jag Jeevan Ram, Dr. Ambedkar, Rajiv Gandhi, Samjay Gandhi, Dr. Lohia and many others. Hence, it is better not to print any leader's image on currency notes- not even Gandhi.

In order to nip in bud such

What I feel that there should be certain norms in this matter. This should not be a political matter like naming roads and buildings.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I can't agree Sir...

I appreciate your thought sir no need of leaders photo on currency.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.