Nona Belomesoff an Australian teen-ager was lured through Facebook by a man she met on this social site who offered her a job in New South Wales Wildlife Information Rescue and Education Service.She was found dead in an isolated bushland after she reportedly to meet this person who set up a fake account.Beware of relationship developed through social networking sites!!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This tragic incident once again underlines the need to be very cautious while developing any relationship through social networking sites.
Internet is a source of information and building relations. But this needs utmost caution. Whatever is available on the net must not be blindly followed. The net operators are not from other world. All sort of cheat also use internet for their fraudulent purpose. I have also received several Emails for friendship or business aiming at fraud.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes... Beware of Internet Friends...

I remember of an murder incident of "Adnan Patrawala that happened almost 2 years ago, similar to this... The social site is "Orkut"!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Youngsters these days tend to believe whatever they chance upon on the site without doing any verification of the authenticity or genuinesnes.
Very unfortunate incidence..

"Trust yourself not others"...

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
This is indeed an unfortunate incident!

this case also highlights the need to have an open dialog with your parents always!!
I am sure she would not have shared with her parents about the contact with this person or else they would surely have not let anything wrong happen to their daughter!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani,these days parental control over their wards is steadily on the wane and as a result of the break-up of joint family system the youngster have none to connect to with their problems.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.