On World Disability Day, para swimmer and Commonwealth Games bronze medalist Prashant Karmakar has accused the Railways of insulting his achievements.

He was promised a position in the Railways by none other than Railways Minister Mamta Banerjee after his bronze medal but he feels he's being insulted with a Group-D job.

Prashant was quite hopeful when he was promised a job by Mamata Banerjee but when the offer came, it was for a group D job.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is very wrong done by railway ministry. This should not have been done.
There is sports quota in various jobs. Each job/ post requires certain minimum qualification/age. experience requirement. sports quota employees are not given relaxation in matter of eligibility. If some one is eligible only for Gp D post, he will not be posted in a senior capacity whatever be achievements in sports.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I feel this is not an insult.Getting a government job in spite of being a school drop out is something lucky.There are also some opportunities of getting promoted after some time.
Nagalakshmi, he is not just a sportsman... Winning a bronze medal for a country should be appreciated well...

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Deepti i support your view but u know i got an sms recently which contained these words"ours is a country where pizza reaches faster than ambulance...."So be ready for anything
My doubt is though he is provided with the position of a high ranking official how he can cope up with the work without having the basics of signing a file understanding the issue?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.