Over the years, airfares have increased significantly, but the crucial question remains if the city airports are actually legal. CNN-IBN has found more than 60 airports in India, many of them major international hubs, are without valid licences.

Major aerodromes in the country like Chennai, Kolkata, Goa and Ahmedabad, which are international airports seeing hundreds of domestic and international flights a day, are all functioning without valid aerodrome licences, as discovered by CNN-IBN.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Very amazing,indeed! How could it be so is beyond my comprehension!
@Chinmoy,
Even I was surprised when I heard it.I have the link too.http://ibnlive.in.com/news/indian-airports-are-without-valid-licences-report/133510-3.html?from=tn
This comes as one of the major shocking news for me....
Airport that too without license..... surprising...
Such are ways of this country! And now Praful Patel is likely to be shifted to another ministry in the likely resuffle of the Union Cabinet!
They also collect User development fee from the passengers which should be strongly opposed.
It is indeed a shocking and surprising news which need immediate concern from governement. :S
Earlier I read that many big professionals institutions are running without AICTE approval.But this has surpassed that.Let's see what comes next!We always blame legislation but what about executing?
You are absolutely correct,Rajesh! It's just unimaginable!
@Rajesh,
You have brought in a very valid point.Thanks for your views. :) :)
It projects the government in very poor light! Its left hand does not what its right doing and vice versa!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.