The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I is good to call by their first name.But when any person who are unknown or just elder that us we must use G.It shows that we had respect towards them.We can call our friends by their name only.

I do not think that using 'G' of 'jee' before any name is necessary. We write in English. 'G' or 'Jee' is non English. Better avoid this. The tendency to use 'Jee' even after English words looks funny. e.g., unclejee, auntiejee etc.

I am reminded of an episode. Once a reporter was told not to use 'jee' and 'Mr.' both for a person. So, when he used 'jee' after a name, no need to use 'Mr. before his name. similarly, when he used Mr., he should not write 'jee' with their names.

Just imagine how he dealt with names like Chatterjee, Banerjee, Mukherjee.

I am comfortable with 'Gulshan' without adding 'jee' But please do not forget to add after 'Chinmoy Mukher(jee).

Sorry Gulshanji
I can't call you Gulshan. I prefer to call you as 'Sir' than Gulshanji :cheer:

Even I started adding Sir after Gulshan sir's name. :cheer: It came naturally to me as I always found him informative, poised and always guiding us through in all his posts.

Live in the present :)
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
That will maintain a uniformity on the site I think, I mostly referred to everyone by their first names only. I have noticed that here mostly have little kids on their display pictures and my picture seems the oldest of them all :woohoo: .

Which phone do you use Asha? Because they are determining the address by phones these days and not by looks, not even by the color of hair. If you have old type phone- you are an aunt. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then let us put up our phone's picture up here so that we can address each other accordingly. :lol: :silly:

Live in the present :)
That's a very good idea! It brings us all on the same platform!!! :) I never attach jis etc. to anyone even knowing they are much older than me, probably still not recovered from informal BPO culture! :lol:

Ditto. I have worked for BPO companies and I think the culture stuck with me as well. I really have no problem addressing anyone by their first name irrespective of their age. Also, I am grateful to the members here not taking offense to this habit of mine(Considering I younger than most members here)
That's a very good idea! It brings us all on the same platform!!! :) I never attach jis etc. to anyone even knowing they are much older than me, probably still not recovered from informal BPO culture! :lol:

Ditto. I have worked for BPO companies and I think the culture stuck with me as well. I really have no problem addressing anyone by their first name irrespective of their age. Also, I am grateful to the members here not taking offense to this habit of mine(Considering I younger than most members here)

Upload your photo first. then I will answer :P

Meera sandhu

I know you have no trust in trustworthy people. :evil: You only trust people who butter you properly. Where is your photo and why are you asking for other's photo if you cannot upload your own Mr. Sandhu. :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I know you have no trust in trustworthy people. :evil: You only trust people who butter you properly. Where is your photo and why are you asking for other's photo if you cannot upload your own Mr. Sandhu. :laugh:

Mr.Sandhu or Mrs.Sandhu :unsure:

Keep your plan in your mind itself. i won't upload my photo again :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu

Keep your plan in your mind itself. i won't upload my photo again :woohoo: :woohoo:

How can I change the name of your hubby and in my area most Sandhus are big Sardars so for me Mr sandhu. So my plan failed again??? :(

How can I change the name of your hubby and in my area most Sandhus are big Sardars so for me Mr sandhu. So my plan failed again??? :(

Now onwards, calling me Sandhu cancelled :silly:

Meera sandhu

Now onwards, calling me Sandhu cancelled :silly:

What about your signature m sandhu???? that reminds me of those big Sardars. :laugh:

I already have a G in my name so no problem if you people add it or not sjvG..hehehe... :laugh:

I don't think one should add jee to the name of online friends as we people don't know about the age of each other. I did a mistake once and called Sunyji on one of the site which made you so irritated I remember along with Shweta you really made me hurt that day since then I never use Jee to anyone's name on online. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.