Many people tend to put off things to a later date or time...Such a habit is called Procrastination which simply means To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness....

This happens when you are aware that there is some time left for getting the job done like either paying bills or even finishing a certain job- you keep putting it off until the last moment after which you tend to hurry through it, as a result may not be able to do full justice..
There are some who like to finish their jobs immediately and such people normally never have any problem like paying fine ,late payment fees or feeling unhappy because of not having done their job well...
According to most psychologists majority of the people have this habit....

http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newHTE_96.htm

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have seen many people who just forget to pay their Electric bills or such type of important thing on time and pay those things with late fee.Some have this habit.But many people lack to pay because of the monetary problem. Which make to pay with late fine.But those who can pay must change this habit.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I have seen many people who just forget to pay their Electric bills or such type of important thing on time and pay those things with late fee.Some have this habit.But many people lack to pay because of the monetary problem. Which make to pay with late fine.But those who can pay must change this habit.

That doesnt make sense, since it is better to pay before and save on the money rather than pay late and spend more esp when they have monetary problems...I too see that when you go early to pay the bills there is hardly anyone,but on he last couple of days there are long ques...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Ushaji you have very well explained the meaning of procrastination with example. I like it. I agree with the psychologists that majority of the people or 80% of the people has the tendency to delay their work due to this habit.
Ushaji you have very well explained the meaning of procrastination with example. I like it. I agree with the psychologists that majority of the people or 80% of the people has the tendency to delay their work due to this habit.

Yes Devyani, most of us have the habit of putting off things and then rush through things at the lat minute.Students study just a week or days before the examination ...it has often been said that people work only when there is a deadline given to them..

This is common habit. That is why people miss trains and fail to get reservation in trains. Doing everything at first opportunity is the best way to get things done fast and also avoid giving bribe.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I feel very uneasy if any of my work however small or unimportant is pending. My mind never lets me sit unless the job in hand is pending or not finished. Even a small job like bringing some thing from the nearby market which I can bring in minutes can keep me poking unless the job is done.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is common habit. That is why people miss trains and fail to get reservation in trains. Doing everything at first opportunity is the best way to get things done fast and also avoid giving bribe.

Yes I too feel that it is better to finish your job on time.Now , with the internet , I am sure a lot more of this is happening since you can easily get addicted and put things off..

I feel very uneasy if any of my work however small or unimportant is pending. My mind never lets me sit unless the job in hand is pending or not finished. Even a small job like bringing some thing from the nearby market which I can bring in minutes can keep me poking unless the job is done.

I thought you would say that sunil, since I felt that you would do things on time :cheer: , the very dedication with which you work online shows that :)

Many people tend to put off things to a later date or time...Such a habit is called Procrastination which simply means To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness....

This happens when you are aware that there is some time left for getting the job done like either paying bills or even finishing a certain job- you keep putting it off until the last moment after which you tend to hurry through it, as a result may not be able to do full justice..
There are some who like to finish their jobs immediately and such people normally never have any problem like paying fine ,late payment fees or feeling unhappy because of not having done their job well...

I have that habit and I am really upset for myself I am very careless and just wait for the deadlines. :evil:

Every time I tend to delay my LIC installments thinking that I have plenty of time still left.I am sick of it. Ushaji can you help me out to overcome it. :blink:

I have that habit and I am really upset for myself I am very careless and just wait for the deadlines. :evil:

Every time I tend to delay my LIC installments thinking that I have plenty of time still left.I am sick of it. Ushaji can you help me out to overcome it. :blink:

You can take comfort from the fact that we all have this habit ...me included :P , I sometimes forget things or rather put off things until the last minute and after a few mishaps, now I am a little more careful...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.