Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Let me give an example of corruption in 'ordinary people'. They tried to burn an officer alive so as not to let him do his job honestly. This shows the character of 'ordinary people'.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/UttarPradesh/UP-Mob-tries-to-set-ablaze-supply-officer-FIR-against-154-people/Article1-946943.aspx

The electricity distribution company Torrent Power is targeted by electricity (power) thieves consisting of industrialists as well as 'ordinary people' in certain colonies.

I remember reading about this..but what can anyone do other than watch helplessly? It is only because there are enough ordinary people who are corrupt and take law into their hands that the politicians too are able to thrive because they make use of such people and vice versa...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Let me give an example of corruption in 'ordinary people'. They tried to burn an officer alive so as not to let him do his job honestly. This shows the character of 'ordinary people'.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/UttarPradesh/UP-Mob-tries-to-set-ablaze-supply-officer-FIR-against-154-people/Article1-946943.aspx

The electricity distribution company Torrent Power is targeted by electricity (power) thieves consisting of industrialists as well as 'ordinary people' in certain colonies.

I remember reading about this..but what can anyone do other than watch helplessly? It is only because there are enough ordinary people who are corrupt and take law into their hands that the politicians too are able to thrive because they make use of such people and vice versa...

Most times, no, strike that, all times, such people have a strong nexus with the politicians themselves, especially the fields where there is a lot of money to be made!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Most times, no, strike that, all times, such people have a strong nexus with the politicians themselves, especially the fields where there is a lot of money to be made!

Money and power is the ultimate where society is concerned, most people seem to forget every other finer aspect of life when it is a question of making gains and they really dont care how they do it, so it is really not surprising that we have a political class which caters to the popular needs of the society.. :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Money and power are the two main things which may make human in to a animal. The power in wrong hands may cause problems to many.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

History records numerous tales of misery wrought upon the people by abuses of powers vested in wrong hands. Not only the people suffered - its wielders too at times were the victims. What do you think?

I uphold your views on abuse of power. As the adage goes "Power corrupts" power has spoiled even good people.
Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
History records numerous tales of misery wrought upon the people by abuses of powers vested in wrong hands. Not only the people suffered - its wielders too at times were the victims. What do you think?

It is happening now all around us in our country, with people calling the shots and doing whatever they want without caring since power rests in their hands and with a new combination coming in at a later date it will continue to be the same , I guess there is very little hope for the future..

Although I am no admirer of imperialist Churchil but his comments on Indian leaders have great relevance in today's context and I quote:Power will go to the hands of rascals,rogues and freebooters. All Indian leaders will be low calibre and men of straw. They will have sweet tongues and silly hearts.They will fight amongst themselves for power and India will be lost in political squabbles. A day would come when even air and water would be taxed.

He was not too far off the mark! What do you say?

Around the same time, when India was on the verge of attaining freedom, our the then leaders were discussing about the type of government India should adopt. Nehru and many others shown inclination for democratic way of Government to the would be born new India. Then Sardar Patel said, not now, India even after 100 years is not fit for a Democratic government. I feel Patel is more relevant than ever before.
Although I am no admirer of imperialist Churchil but his comments on Indian leaders have great relevance in today's context and I quote:Power will go to the hands of rascals,rogues and freebooters. All Indian leaders will be low calibre and men of straw. They will have sweet tongues and silly hearts.They will fight amongst themselves for power and India will be lost in political squabbles. A day would come when even air and water would be taxed.

Around the same time, when India was on the verge of attaining freedom, our the then leaders were discussing about the type of government India should adopt. Nehru and many others shown inclination for democratic way of Government to the would be born new India. Then Sardar Patel said, not now, India even after 100 years is not fit for a Democratic government. I feel Patel is more relevant than ever before.

I sincerely believe that a climactic point has been reached in Indian political landscape and the new generation would step in to change the state of affairs which have been despairingly dismal!!

I sincerely believe that a climactic point has been reached in Indian political landscape and the new generation would step in to change the state of affairs which have been despairingly dismal!!

If you don't brand me as a pessimist, I'm not having even an iota of hope about the new generation that can bring a change in the near future.

If you don't brand me as a pessimist, I'm not having even an iota of hope about the new generation that can bring a change in the near future.

I am one of those who never fall prey to negative influences. A ship which is laden with sins would sink today,tomorrow or thereafter and in its place would appear new ship of hope!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.